Marussia - like (on) ice in the sun shine

No but seriously: this car is so twitchy, it's not funny. The brakes are locking up after like braking for like 1 second, even quicker sometimes. Not even the excellent setups from Stefan and Rini helped. Anything I'm missing here?

If you look at on-board camera's (I have that now during f1 races) you can see that in the very first free practice and first outing they are real real carefull without rubber on track and cold tyres. A snap like that I've seen many times before in real F1, so for me it looks realistic:) It's like what Hammond had at Top Gear, wasn't used to drive the F1 car and getting the tyres up to tempreture, was spinning all over the place and he was only trying to keep his car on the track.

It is true that as formula 2, the marussia often blocks brakes in the beginning of session. But over time and of the track which erases, we can fetch a little farther braking. But it is necessary to remain all the same careful on the brake, I never brake in 100 % of my pedal. The aerodynamic plays a lot, I always try in the beginning of session with the max on wings, and comes down as one goes along. It helps me enormously to understand the car in the braking.

Marussia is easy to drive if you have patience. You have to learn to administrate brake and gas pedals as all this guys said. In 2nd gear you can't push more than 50% of pedal during turns, and no more than 90% in low speed accelerations. Brake, more delicated.

Here videos in Monza, and one in Malasya first one is made by me, some tests in Monza with no aids. Other 2 videos I don't know if have aids, but I think no if I hear how much carefull are those guys with throttle pedal:

When you learn to not spin, you can push :D

PD: watch this real onboard video, and pay attention to throttle at 2nd and 3rd gear turns:

Well, I have to admit, after giving it another go, using a setup from Stefan Woudenberg, I managed to get some control. For the first time, I felt I was driving the car, instead of the other way around :p. It always feld as a sight seeing tour around the track to me.

It did require a lot of focus, and hard practice to get to the point where I can start to push.

I included the pedal information for informational purposes, thats why its not full screen :).

Stefan's setups are great, I gain about 1 or 1 1/2 seconds per lap with his setups, but more importend, very stable and good for consistent driving and without taking to much from the tyres:thumbsup:

Good to hear you're enjoy it more, hopefully you will join the marussia club events soon:)

turn your brake pressure down to the minimum, try a steering ratio of 17 or 18
I am not sure what I have to think of this reply. A single line, not explained why or how you got to this conclusion.

Perhaps its possible to explain yourself a bit more, so others also know what you are talking about, and can understand what they do instead of doing so just because it is said so here :).

Besides that,
Steering ratio has to be determined by the rotation of the wheel, and the track you are driving. To simply say use 17/18 for all setups and tracks, is setting people off on the wrong track.....

I had similar "snapping" problems under braking in the Marussia, tweaking the brake bias a few points rearward helped quite a bit but it still very sensitive, At least now the car won't spin backwards when i tap the breaks in 4th :roflmao:

That and letting max number of cars run the track for a few hours on the sim pc to let the track get nice and rubbered in.

To anyone driving with this car I suggest updating the latest version of everything (I see quite many people still posting videos of the old Sepang for example). Since rF2 build 198 I got completely rid of the locking during initial braking point, now it's no issue at all. I also recommend the latest version of Marussia component, since it now allows much better control under DRS. Now turn 3 in Sepang is much easier with DRS open.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 40 26.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 30 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 11.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 9 6.0%