Marussia - like (on) ice in the sun shine

No but seriously: this car is so twitchy, it's not funny. The brakes are locking up after like braking for like 1 second, even quicker sometimes. Not even the excellent setups from Stefan and Rini helped. Anything I'm missing here?

Only thing I can say I hardly use brakes to hit's full power, almost never full and if full only for a split second. one second full braking is really a long time in F1. For enginebraking making sure to geardown fast helps enginebraking a lot, but not to quick or you spin out(lower gears especially), try to be as much in a straight line. When cornering only very light use of brake can be applied. Hopefully that helps, it needs some training to get adjusted. I was yesterday running with Marcel on the server, he could brake a lot later, but still our times were equel. So start with enginebraking, than graduadly try to use more brakes. I think that's the easiest way to feel what amound of brakes use is proper for each corner.

I hardly slam on the brakes. My brake sensitivity is at 100%, same for acceleration. I'm curious if those cars are meant to be driven with TCS / ABS on low. I'm running with no driving aids at all.

No they are not, I can even manage the tyres under braking, making them last a distance of 27 laps easily on Sebring or Fuji. so I guess training, it's completly differnet to GT cars, I have trouble to get adjusted to the GT cars, I need to use another technique for those cars.

This may sound strange, but probably I drove this car more than others, i think it's more easy to drive (with correct setup) than other cars:). So probably if you give it a bit more time and training you will definetly find it more easy to manage, but it does requires a lot of concentration compared to other cars. My first running with the Marussia's was also with a lot of brakelocking and spinning out:) But everyone has his own car which suits him better, I'm for instance not to good with the Clio's, I did not do many laps in them, I'm sure if I train on the Clio's more I will find it more easy to drive:)

Funny, people told me the GT-R was hard to control but I've never had any issues with that car - not even when I drove it for the very first time. Alas, I'll see what I can get out of it or stay with the F2. ;)

I turned down the brake and throttle sensitivity to about 70% and I felt it helped a little bit, didn't have too much trouble with braking but accelerating out of slow corners I found difficult and turning down the sensitivity definitely helped.

Well, I am wondering more and more how it is in real life. Could it perhaps not be so that the car is very, and I mean VERY hard to control then as well?
I can remember a clip from TopGear, with Richard Hammond in the Renault, in which he could not drive the car as well. So it should be hard to drive in the game also.

The question is, is it to hard. I think that can only be answered by someone who actually had some real life experience in it....

For me, they are to hard to drive. I suck with this car :). Can't manage to keep it on track, and have a decent pace.

The Marussia is very hard to handle and it really needs time to get used to. I don't know any other car where you have to have a right foot like a feather.
With braking I only use 50% and a break pressure of 86~88%
How more gentle you drive it how quicker you get.

I can control this pretty nicely now, but you need to work on the setup. The standard setup is rubbish.

The Marussia is very hard to handle and it really needs time to get used to. I don't know any other car where you have to have a right foot like a feather.
With braking I only use 50% and a break pressure of 86~88%
How more gentle you drive it how quicker you get.

I can control this pretty nicely now, but you need to work on the setup. The standard setup is rubbish.
stephen, don't show him your race tonight.lol

I've run the F2 @ Sebring all the time, so I wanted to give another track a go - but I'll see if it's working for Malaysia as well. The track might indeed be green but even if it's green, in real-life the track wouldn't be that slippery. :O_o:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%