1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Marussia @ Essington Park - Sunday June 16th 2013

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Ian Franssen, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Flyer Marussia @ Essington.jpg
    Event Details
    Server: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM F1
    Car: ISI Marussia and Formula ISI 2012
    Track: Essington Park
    Mod: RACEDEPARTMENT Sunday Club Mod
    Weather: Random
    TyreWear: 2x
    Mechanical Failure: Time scaled

Time Schedule
    19:00 GMT - Practice
    19:30 GMT - Qualification
    19:40 GMT - Warm-up
    19:45 GMT - Race 45 minutes

Server and Teamspeak password: click here

Sign-up list:
    1. Andreas Hall
    2. Marcel Gerber
    3. Lionel Starr
    4. Jean-Christophe Pires
    5. Nicolas Mop
    6. Mark Sebestyen
    7. Dino Paolini
    8. Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    9. Sean Greenlaw
    10. Pete Bone
    11. Philippe Caillot
    12. Driver
    13. Driver
    14. Driver
    15. Driver
    16. Driver
    17. Driver
    18. Driver
    19. Driver
    20. Driver
    21. Driver
    22. Driver
    23. Driver
    24. Driver

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Server is updated to the latest build.

Mind the mod has changed Stefan and Ian :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ok, I'm lack of competiton so I am :sneaky: I have 2 3 persons interested should register soon.
    One of my very first laps on Essington Park​

• Like Like x 2
  4. I'm in !

• Like Like x 2
  5. Bruno Sousa Ferreira

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    Strategy Mister!

how do you get different coloured lights on your steering wheel? mine are all white for some reason

6. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

White lights on the Marussia wheel is a bug when you don't use HDR. With HDR the lights work.
    I hope they fix this at anytime, as I don't use HDR and you can't see if your DRS is open or closed without the colours ;(

• Like Like x 2
  7. I ll be with you, my first competition on RD ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Here are my two registered drivers, I hope that others will fill the grid. We will work hard for it, and everyone can take pleasure in the great battle. Thank you to organize various good events.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

And thank you for bringing along your friends, much appreciated:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Sign me up please.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Server is up and running! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. We will do some test @ 11:00 pm in france tonigth.

13. Stefan Woudenberg

Stefan Woudenberg
    Premium Member

Don't forget the new mod in the first post! ;)

14. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

Sign me up please :)

Why are FISI 2012 and Marussia both in this event? The FISI is a lot faster; not sure how they make sense together in a club event.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Is that so? I thought it was about the same speed as it was supposed to be, the AI drove the same laptimes in single player and I had the feeling they were about the same speed when I did a few laps but didn't tested many laps, but my feelings could be misleading. Gonna test the Marussia tomorrow again to see if you're right:)

16. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

FISI was always 1,5s-2s per lap faster than Marussia. Also tested it earlier and it's still the case obviously, as one was a backmarker 2012 and the other car is modelled after a generic front-runner / mid-fielder car from 2012 :)
    The FISI is also quite a lot easier to drive for the same reasons.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Hmm, you are probably right if you tested it:) , but it doesn't make sense to me on the commercial side, and the speed of the AI in single player. It makes the Marussia obsolete to use in the same series online if that;s the case, and if I was Marussia that wouldn;t make me happy, because every other car is faster in the series, even the Caterham livery:O_o: If they wanted that(recreate the speed of the F1 cars of 2012) than all the different liveries of the FISI12 should all drive differently with different speeds, only than it would make sense to me.
    And if you let the AI drive in single player the Marussia's can compete in front, confusing:)

18. Bruno Sousa Ferreira

Bruno Sousa Ferreira
    Strategy Mister!

going to see if I can make this one, will probably use the marussia as I've already done a simple setup for the marussia.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini
    Premium Member

The Marussia is the only licenced car, with the exact data and everything and also the only one with the 100% original livery :) Technicaly there is no Catherham in rf2^^

They are simply not meant to be used together online, but in a field of AI they make some sense.
    The good thing is that both those cars can be run with every livery you give them.

I think Marussia has nothing against it, as their car is the only official F1 car in the game, the others are FISI (different series so to speak) ;)

20. Ian Franssen

Ian Franssen
    Premium Member

Well they pack it together as 1 series, the Marussia you find after opening the Formula ISI (like they are supposed to fit into one grid). If it is supposed to be different series they wouldn't/shouldn't have done that.
    I love the Marussia too, like I said, I didn't felt a major difference between them, and if I see the video above of the Marussia, it does seem to go as fast as the FISI. (he wasn't pushing at all, but already did a 1.18)
    So will first test tomorrow to see for myself also:)