Mark Webber: Too many different winners will hurt F1

Yes, you read that right.Apparently, Mark Webber is concerned that having too many different winners will be detrimental to the sport.

Mark Webberis concerned that the number of different winners in Formula One could prove detrimental to the sport.
Pastor Maldonado's victory in the Spanish Grand Prix made him the fifth different winner in five races so far this season and left Lewis Hamilton as the only driver to have stood on the podium three times. While Webber maintains that entertaining the fans is the most important aspect of the sport, he admitted he's concerned the lack of a clear battle between certain drivers will be a negative aspect of the current season.
Article: http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/78921.html
Although there is no clear leader of the pack, I already find this season, even if only five races in, much more exciting than last season. Let's face it, Red Bulls dominance last year made for a pretty anti-climatic season.

Lol... what rubbish. I actually wasn't going to bother watching F1 this season because I was flat out bored of the same old cars and the same old drivers getting on the podium season after season after season.

*YAWN* :sleep:

I decided to give it one last chance, and what happens? It's the most unpredictable season I've I've witnessed. Unpredictable = exciting!

He's just sour because Red Bull no longer have the dominant car, that's all. He can't use it to prop himself up anymore, so he looks like what he really is... a mediocre F1 driver.

This has been completely taken out of context, typical media.

Somebody read what Mark actually said, and it is not "Different winners will hurt F1", He says it will be hard to know who is are true rivals and who isn't anymore. Which is completely different.
I can tell half the people in this thread read the title and jump to conclusions without actually reading the original article.
Since this, Mark has said himself that he did not mean it will be bad for F1, and that it has been placed out of context.

Webber is an idiot "I don't know if they [fans] will get sick of seeing so many different winners," Webber is quoted by Fox Sports. "It's nice to have different winners but also we want rivals."

What he means by "rivals" is he wants only 2 maybe 3 teams who can win races and to say fans will get sick of seeing so many different winners the bloke must be deluded, the more I read that comment I dont know wether to laugh or cry, just because Williams (who have a pretty good car, I've been saying it since pre-season testing) won, he and RBR in general (both Horner and Vettel have made similar comments) are saying things like who will win next, HRT or Marussia (I think that was Vettels) thats really disparaging towards Williams, apart from Lotus I cant see any other team aside from those who have won already winning a race, maybe Sauber, some teams have caught up because of the EBD ban and RBR dont like it and are blaming the tyres and calling it a lottery, Williams didnt win because it was a lottery they won because they had the best car at that race and Webber was lapped by Maldonado, so shut up Webber, Vettel and Horner you whinging cry babys.

Even if it was taken out of context, which I don't completely believe, the statement is simply untrue. Just because there are more people winning the races doesn't mean that rivalries can't develop. Massa and Lewis had a great rivalry last season and Massa didn't win a single race.

@Martin Bulgin, where did Vettel say that about HRT or Marussia?

“Look at today’s race, it was pretty crazy, what was going on. Maybe we’ll have an HRT or a Marussia on pole in Monaco! It’s difficult to say where we are. Today we were not quick enough, a drive through here or there, P5 would have the maximum"

I agree with this about the tyres and the whingers http://www.pitpass.com/46330-A-Fine-Whine

I am sure Mark will have his victory also this year. Lets hope he doesn't celebrate it with too much enthusiasm as it will not be good for the sport!

It really looks not good :roflmao:
XPB_503379_HiRes-2

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back