Manual sequential in older GT3 cars using a separate shifter

From Paul's discussion with Alex from Sector3
at about 01:04 in Alex mentions that for the RUF they've added shifter animations and that being manual sequential the car would be a bit slower than the modern equivalents. So on that point minor question, to replicate the shifting method correctly if you have a separate shifter should it be placed in sequential mode? So for example a cover swap on the TH8A (which is what I have) and a switch on the (wish I could've afforded one) Fanatec Clubsport Shifter. Using the paddles on the wheel are fine of course as its only a simulation but to do it real world or as it should be I just wondered... ;)

Well, of course. If you're going for authenticity, then you should obviously be using sequential gearstick on those cars that have it, like older GT's, WTCC etc. Some of those cars might also need blipping on downshifts I believe, unless you're using auto clutch.

I'm a bit of a realism junky myself when it comes to sim racing, though I've let it slip a bit as my h-box isn't working right now. (Faulty Bodnar adapter.) I'm muuuuch slower using manual gears but it just feels false not to if that's what the car has, and I don't like the fake delay built into most sims when you use paddles for a manual box. I'm missing a sequential stick though since I use a G27 h-box. I've stuck rubber bands on it before now to make one, but that's problematic if they come off in the middle of a race!

I'm missing a sequential stick though since I use a G27 h-box. I've stuck rubber bands on it before now to make one, but that's problematic if they come off in the middle of a race!

"Alonso comes in. This needs to be a good pit-stop. Let's see - they've gone for SuperSofts...there goes the new nose-cone...and, yes, it's time for the brown rubber-band! Let's hope Honda's notoriously troublesome gearbox makes it to the finish line..."

When I got my T300 and lost the little sequential the DFGT had that I was used to using as a handbrake/clutch, I was thinking of doing this to get a sort of sequential/handbrake:

You can get the parts pretty cheap on Ebay or similar sites. But I also kinda wanted to have an H-shifter and needed more buttons, so in the end I went with a used G25 shifter off Ebay, which covered all three. The only issue obviously being that I can't use both the H-shifter and "handbrake" at the same time. But I'm not up to doing rally with H-shifter yet anyway ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back