Mandalika

Tracks Mandalika 4.0 (Major Visual Update)

Login or Register an account to download this content
LianoProjects updated Mandalika with a new update entry:

Update 2.0.2 [Major Changes] - Elevation Changes, Texture Readjustments

Major Update 2.0
  • Major Track Elevation Changes. There are a lot of changes on the track elevation which is now more like reality, turn 2 which is now deeper, reduced elevation at turn 4-5, added chamber at turn 6 10 and 11, reduced elevation at turn 12, and adding altitude before entering turn 13
  • Texture Update, major changes to the sand/gravel texture which is now look more realistic
  • Other Updates: Many textures diffuse and brightness readjusted
Update...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@LianoProjects
The adboards still flicker like crazy.
These have been mentioned by various people about half a dozen times but you've never replied.
Any plans to acknowledge and address it please?

Last edited:
@LianoProjects
The adboards still flicker like crazy.
These have been mentioned by various people about half a dozen times but you've never replied.
Any plans to acknowledge and address it please?
Hello sorry for slow answer.
Edited:
This issue may caused by your CSP's 'Adaptive Clip Plane' setting. To fix this flickering issue, try to set your 'adaptive clip plane' under 'Graphics Adjustments' and change 'Near Plane' nominal until the issue gone. For reference my set are 0.1. Tell me if the problem persist after changing these, thank you ;)

Last edited:
G'day, it looks like there may be two .kn5s missing from your latest version. crowd.kn5 and mandalika_street_circuit_sp.kn5. Both are mentioned in the models_main.ini but no sign of them in the .zip.

Last edited:
G'day, it looks like there may be two .kn5s missing from your latest version. crowd.kn5 and mandalika_street_circuit_sp.kn5. Both are mentioned in the models_main.ini but no sign of them in the .zip.
Yes the crowd model not public yet (not finished) so I'm not including it and the sp (sponsor) file now combined with the base model. I forgot to delete both from models_main.ini :thumbsdown:

Hello sorry for slow answer. This issue may caused by your CSP's 'Adaptive Clip Plane' setting. To fix this flickering issue, try to set your 'adaptive clip plane' under 'Graphics Adjustments' and change 'Far Plane' nominal until the issue gone. For reference my set are 20000,30000. Tell me if the problem persist after changing these, thank you ;)
No, it's not a CSP settings problem. Like you, I use the standard far plane setting 20000, 30000. I have about 450 mod tracks installed and only very very few (maybe 10 tracks) have flickering problems. So, no, it's not a CSP settings problem, it's a modding problem. And no, I won't change the far plane setting, as this has an massive impact on the performance in VR. Like Mascot, who has the same flickering, I'm playing in VR and so I have 2 displays with different viewing angles. Maybe, when playing with a monitor, it's not so easy to notice the flickering. The problem is called Z-fighting (flickering).

An example:

To remove the flickering, you just have to increase the distance of the adsboards meshes from the meshes behind a little bit, really only a little bit and not much as you wrote . That's all.

As I already wrote in a post above until there is a fix for the flickering adsboards, we only can hide the meshes, that cause the flickering. Just add the following section to the ext_config.ini of the track.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;; HIDE FLICKERING ADSBOARDS ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = petnas, perta, mtl, tiss, alp, liqui, michel, mgp unlimited, jahre, dhl, wonderful, argen, Lapisan Dinding Luar
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

And once again for all the people out there, who don't want to understand, why i only gave 2 stars for your track and voted my review down. This track has massive flickering in VR and is not useable, because of a poor optimization. So only 2 stars. Sorry!

Last edited:
No, it's not a CSP settings problem. Like you, I use the standard far plane setting 20000, 30000. I have about 450 mod tracks installed and only very very few (maybe 10 tracks) have flickering problems. So, no, it's not a CSP settings problem, it's a modding problem. And no, I won't change the far plane setting, as this has an massive impact on the performance in VR. Like Mascot, who has the same flickering, I'm playing in VR and so I have 2 displays with different viewing angles. Maybe, when playing with a monitor, it's not so easy to notice the flickering. The problem is called Z-fighting (flickering).

An example:

To remove the flickering, you just have to increase the distance of the adsboards meshes from the meshes behind a little bit, really only a little bit and not much as you wrote . That's all.

As I already wrote in a post above until there is a fix for the flickering adsboards, we only can hide the meshes, that cause the flickering. Just add the following section to the ext_config.ini of the track.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = petnas, perta, mtl, tiss, alp, liqui, michel, mgp unlimited, jahre, dhl, wonderful, argen, Lapisan Dinding Luar
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

And once again for all the people out there, who don't want to understand, why i only gave 2 stars for your track and voted my review down. This track has massive flickering in VR and is not useable, because of a poor optimization. So only 2 stars. Sorry!
Thanks for replying @Frank25.
I wasn't going to bother as @LianoProjects has consistently ignored people who have taken time to try and help by explaining the REAL issue. It should be obvious that z-fighting is the cause if hiding the adboard meshes reveals other meshes occupying the same space. And, like you, I think it's ridiculous to expect people to change far plane settings to treat the symptom on one track (even if that will work, which I seriously doubt), rather than dealing with the actual cause of the problem.
Track deleted in the meantime, but I'll redownload it if this gamebreaking issue gets the proper attention it deserves. The track seems quite nice apart from the godawful flickering.
For the record, friends using 2D displays hate the flickering on this track too, so it's not just a VR issue.

Last edited:

An example:

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Hello, thanks for let me know that the problem still persist.
After looking further into the cause of the flickering problem it turns out that the flickering problem is not caused by the 'far planes' in the 'adaptive clip planes' setting, but it's the 'near planes' which is the cause of flickering because this setting will cause Z-fighting at a certain distance. Maybe you can change the near plane nominal under 'Adaptive Clip Planes' to 0.1,10 (default setting) or if you are using VR change the near plane nominal under 'Clip Planes in VR' to 0.1. If the problem persists let me know. Thank You :)

Screenshot (257).png

Last edited:
Thanks for replying @Frank25.
I wasn't going to bother as @LianoProjects has consistently ignored people who have taken time to try and help by explaining the REAL issue. It should be obvious that z-fighting is the cause if hiding the adboard meshes reveals other meshes occupying the same space. And, like you, I think it's ridiculous to expect people to change far plane settings to treat the symptom on one track (even if that will work, which I seriously doubt), rather than dealing with the actual cause of the problem.
Track deleted in the meantime, but I'll redownload it if this gamebreaking issue gets the proper attention it deserves. The track seems quite nice apart from the godawful flickering.
For the record, friends using 2D displays hate the flickering on this track too, so it's not just a VR issue.
Hi, like my reply with frank25 above, after looking further into the cause of the flickering problem it turns out that the flickering problem is not caused by the 'far planes' in the 'adaptive clip planes' setting, but it's the 'near planes' which is the cause of flickering because this setting will cause Z-fighting at a certain distance. Maybe you can change the near plane nominal under 'Adaptive Clip Planes' to 0.1,10 (default setting) or if you are using VR change the near plane nominal under 'Clip Planes in VR' to 0.1. if the problem persists let me know. Thank You :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello, thanks for let me know that the problem still persist.
After looking further into the cause of the flickering problem it turns out that the flickering problem is not caused by the 'far planes' in the 'adaptive clip planes' setting, but it's the 'near planes' which is the cause of flickering because this setting will cause Z-fighting at a certain distance. Maybe you can change the near plane nominal under 'Adaptive Clip Planes' to 0.1,10 (default setting) or if you are using VR change the near plane nominal under 'Clip Planes in VR' to 0.1. If the problem persists let me know. Thank You :)

View attachment 655523
Even if this does reduce the flickering adboards, it's still treating the symptom rather than the cause. If the adboards were made correctly then you wouldn't need to ask people to change their CSP settings just to suit your track.
All you have to do is move the meshes forward by a couple of millimeters to eliminate the z-fighting. I really can't understand why you are so reluctant to address this.
BTW, it's not just the adboards that are flickering, the same issue is evident on some TSO and buildings.

Hi, like my reply with frank25 above, after looking further into the cause of the flickering problem it turns out that the flickering problem is not caused by the 'far planes' in the 'adaptive clip planes' setting, but it's the 'near planes' which is the cause of flickering because this setting will cause Z-fighting at a certain distance. Maybe you can change the near plane nominal under 'Adaptive Clip Planes' to 0.1,10 (default setting) or if you are using VR change the near plane nominal under 'Clip Planes in VR' to 0.1. if the problem persists let me know. Thank You :thumbsup:
It's not a CSP setting that causes z-fighting at certain distances, it's meshes clashing with each other in 3D space. Hundreds of other mod tracks don't have this issue because the meshes have been placed correctly. On your track, they clash.
It needs fixing at source rather than a CSP band-aid being applied. Many users won't even be aware of this thread, and those that are might be reluctant (like I am) to change their settings just to deal with errors on one track.
Like I said before, the track seems really good apart from this flickering, and we're grateful for your work. That's why it's such a shame you seem reluctant to address the real source of the problem.

Last edited:
It's not a CSP setting that causes z-fighting at certain distances, it's meshes clashing with each other in 3D space. Hundreds of other mod tracks don't have this issue because the meshes have been placed correctly. On your track, they clash.
It needs fixing at source rather than a CSP band-aid being applied. Many users won't even be aware of this thread, and those that are might be reluctant (like I am) to change their settings just to deal with errors on one track.
Like I said before, the track seems really good apart from this flickering, and we're grateful for your work. That's why it's such a shame you seem reluctant to address the real source of the problem.
Noted. May try to fix this problem by moving the ad board model farther from the barrier in the next update. Sorry if I kind of reluctant to fix this issue cause most player not having this kind of problem. Me too have tested my mod with no problem with CSP's default setting :thumbsdown:
And hey you said it's not just the adboard that glitched. maybe you can share the images of flickering objects? thanks

Noted. May try to fix this problem by moving the ad board model farther from the barrier in the next update. Sorry if I kind of reluctant to fix this issue cause most player not having this kind of problem. Me too have tested my mod with no problem with CSP's default setting :thumbsdown:
And hey you said it's not just the adboard that glitched. maybe you can share the images of flickering objects? thanks
Thank you for your constructive answers. You spent so much time to make this wonderful track and it would but really a shame, that we can't use it in VR, because of an easy to fix problem.

You can ckeck the following meshes, where I notice flickering.

MESHES = petnas, perta, mtl, tiss, alp, liqui, michel, mgp unlimited, jahre, dhl, wonderful, argen, Orange marker barrier, Lapisan Dinding Luar, tiling kaca, 1WALL_tembok?

Images wouldn't work, the flickering often doesn't show in pics, but other flickering meshes include:
1. TILING RACECONT (there also seems to be a duplicate of this one floating in the sky when highlighted by Objects Inspector)
2. Lapisan Dinding Luar
(these two are on the same pit building so it might be the same mesh causing both issues, it's hard to isolate it)

Last edited:
LianoProjects updated Mandalika with a new update entry:

Update 2.2 - Textures Update and Addressing Flickering Issues

Update 2.2
  • Moved ad boards farther from barriers to prevent flickering caused by Z-fighting that happens especially with VR and users with low CSP 'adaptive clip plane' setting
  • ‌Fixed some flickering buildings
  • ‌New tarmac texture (diffuse and mask)
  • ‌New concrete barrier texture and reflection
  • ‌Orange markers (in barriers and tyre walls) model is now separated from the concrete/tyre texture to prevent flickering issue
  • ‌Darkened gravel color to make it more...

Read the rest of this update entry...

encrypted track that has nothing to do on RD, full of flickering problems, full of objects on the road that overlap and create CUTs in line with REALPENALTY where there should be none, for example the green plane passes under some vibrator which causes repeated CUTs
I'm going to report to RD, I'm really tired of encryption

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes