1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Major career flaw, component wear in 25% races

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by Ben Saylor, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    Over on Steam, there is a discussion of a major issues with 25% career length races and engine wear. The game treats each practice lap the same as a race lap but calculates the number of wear laps at 25% of full race distance. This means that each practice lap is equivalent of ~4 full race laps. This means that your engines and gearboxes will be worn out after every race (about 60% wear). This could be fixed in a patch but Codemasters also made the game...so, it might not be. Just thought you all should know. Other than that, the game is actually a solid GAME (not sim) but game with a nifty career mode if this gets fixed.

2. Zac Cooper

Zac Cooper

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes I've noticed this too, I started a career using 25% distance... Thanks for pointing it out as I didn't test to see wear at 50% or 100% so I thought it was normal. Hopefully they patch it!

3. Molda22

Molda22

Ratings:
    +10
    on 50% its ok?

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    Retired Moderator Premium

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Looking at the Codie's thread, it would appear to be just the 25% race setting affected

5. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    Steam says that 50% is fine. Just 25% (aka the most popular race length) is bugged.

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    Retired Moderator Premium

Ratings:
    +2,151
    I have change the title of this thread to make the subject clear. This is to help prevent duplicate threads on the same issue.

7. TeSL9

TeSL9
    Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium

Ratings:
    +261
    Ok... It thought something was wrong there. Good to know this. Enjoying the game very much.

8. pingujames1990

pingujames1990

Ratings:
    +0
    i literally came here to start a thread about the vehicle management, i use 25% and im on p2 at the spanish gp and i have 79% wear on my 3rd ice, and 40% on my 2nd gearbox......i know the renault engine isnt very reliable but i thought something seemed odd lol!! hopefully they fix this asap

9. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +440
    haven't checked on my own, but could we set the race distance to 100% during practice and Quali (even if it's not doing anything at all) and put it back to 25% only for the race ?