• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Major career flaw, component wear in 25% races

Discussion in 'F1 2017 - The Game' started by Ben Saylor, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    Over on Steam, there is a discussion of a major issues with 25% career length races and engine wear. The game treats each practice lap the same as a race lap but calculates the number of wear laps at 25% of full race distance. This means that each practice lap is equivalent of ~4 full race laps. This means that your engines and gearboxes will be worn out after every race (about 60% wear). This could be fixed in a patch but Codemasters also made the game...so, it might not be. Just thought you all should know. Other than that, the game is actually a solid GAME (not sim) but game with a nifty career mode if this gets fixed.

2. Zac Cooper

Zac Cooper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes I've noticed this too, I started a career using 25% distance... Thanks for pointing it out as I didn't test to see wear at 50% or 100% so I thought it was normal. Hopefully they patch it!

3. Molda22

Molda22

Ratings:
    +6
    on 50% its ok?

4. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,146
    Looking at the Codie's thread, it would appear to be just the 25% race setting affected

5. Ben Saylor

Ben Saylor

Ratings:
    +1
    Steam says that 50% is fine. Just 25% (aka the most popular race length) is bugged.

6. Graham Laing

Graham Laing
    ........ Mostly harmless Staff

Ratings:
    +2,146
    I have change the title of this thread to make the subject clear. This is to help prevent duplicate threads on the same issue.

7. TeSL9

TeSL9
    Pessimistic (rarely flying) Finn :) Premium

Ratings:
    +250
    Ok... It thought something was wrong there. Good to know this. Enjoying the game very much.

8. pingujames1990

pingujames1990

Ratings:
    +0
    i literally came here to start a thread about the vehicle management, i use 25% and im on p2 at the spanish gp and i have 79% wear on my 3rd ice, and 40% on my 2nd gearbox......i know the renault engine isnt very reliable but i thought something seemed odd lol!! hopefully they fix this asap

9. Meff28s

Meff28s
    Premium

Ratings:
    +318
    haven't checked on my own, but could we set the race distance to 100% during practice and Quali (even if it's not doing anything at all) and put it back to 25% only for the race ?