Magnussen to replace Maldonado at Renault

• Deleted member 115516

The best the can do replace knaldonado:ninja: with Magnussen.... this guy can not drive and its a shame for the autosport, only the mony have bring him to formula one.:geek:
Kevin is only in F1 becuse of his daddy

• Deleted member 115516

Not a fan of Maldonado although his crashes have been highly entertaining, but he has been a GP2 champion and won a F1 race more than Kevin will do.
Swapping average talent for average talent.
Maldonado got in F1 because of oil and Kevin got in because of his daddy$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:

Making three similar postings doesn't make it right :)

Kevin was FR3.5 champion which admittedly is about as useful an indicator of a driver's ability as GP2 (ie. not much). Pastor is a talented driver but the problem is he is massively inconsistent. He had one day where he was top rank and won a GP but most of the time he has been very poor and he has put way too many other drivers in harms way which is why I don't like him.

It still looks like speculation at the moment, nothing confirmed.
PMs record isn't great, but the guy has been vilified somewhat. He has caused accidents in the last couple of years but grosjean, verstappen and one or two others have done so also. Had some bad luck on a few occasions, and everyone's too quick to point the finger sometimes.
His time does look to be up though, perhaps not quite good enough for f1.

Not a fan of Maldonado although his crashes have been highly entertaining, but he has been a GP2 champion and won a F1 race more than Kevin will do.
Swapping average talent for average talent.
Maldonado got in F1 because of oil and Kevin got in because of his daddy$$$$
What are you talking about? He has so much more to offer then crashtor!

Renault Please hire a more experienced driver. Hulkenberg is the right choice, otherwise the team will be the same as Lotus after Kimi Raikkonen, a team with no compass.
Renault work with it's engine was remarkable I would not like to see it give up because of a poor team. A team without experienced drivers that can explain to the engineers exactly what the car is doing is a team where progress is a nightmare, with inconsistent results.

Last edited:
a6dyK82_700b.jpg

I am happy for Renault. But it is sad to lose Maldonado who was unique and different than the new generation of robotic no mistake drivers. Seriously, either the cars are way easier to drive, or this new generation is extremely well-educated and talented. I remember watching several crashes in each race in the early 2000s.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back