Macau 06 dark and disturbed sky !!

After passing the first bridge, the sky is suddenly totally black !!

Then normal, later on a totally disturbed sky, black, grey....07 no problem.

Maybe not important, but hope someone can fix this :thumb:

Using a 260GTX nVidia card.
E8500 @ 4.0 GHZ and 2GB RAM

Hans van Hees

• Mark Bolter

hello guy's i've had the same problem with the sky darkening and have figured out the problem....i uninstalled the off-line version of gtr evo,then rebooted.

problem now solved.you can still practice with the online version just go into additional races.

I DIDN'T MAKE ANY COPIES OF MY USER DATA AND MY ON- LINE VERSION WORKED OK,BUT IT MAY BE A GOOD IDEA.

(P.S.....STILL NOT REGISTERED YET SO UNABLE TO TAKE PART IN RACES)

• Mark Bolter

then maybe you might have to try uninstalling multi version also, it's possible the two have conflicted,i uninstalled both versions to be safe just dont reinstall the off- line when your re-installing multiplayer version.
make a copy of your user data and then you can put this in the steam apps afterwards if needed.
i was baffled about this sky issue and once i'd completly removed both parts and did fresh one it worked,not sure why.

the thing that really annoys me about this game is you cant determine what tracks go to gtr evo or race if your putting into steam.is there away of doing this?.

• David Hal

Same dark sky for me.
I'm using a 4870x2 with Cat.8.8 driver with Vista Ultimate x64.

The sky in the mirrors stays normal..

Attachments

• capture_2008-09-28_10-31-51.jpg
    capture_2008-09-28_10-31-51.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 188
OK, I will try a total reinstall when I've got time.

I have a feeling I've tried that before though and as soon as the game auto patches it becomes ruined again. In fact I'm fairly certain I didn't have an offline install on the computer at all until I wanted to check this problem out.

However its worth another go I guess.

• Mark Bolter

the only other thing i can think of is have you got the original race 07 installed,i had this but un-installed when i purchased Evo.the pictures your showing are exactly the same as the problem i had,after uninstalling race 07 original copy and off line Evo problem went away.
good luck hope you can sort it out as it annoyed me to.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back