AC M3 E30 Drift vs M3 E92 S1 vs Evora S S2 @ Vallelunga - Fri 18th July 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Akis

Over 9000
I will send an announcement shortly, booking officially starts in 20 mins.

If anyone wants to come and try the new slipstreaming and dynamic track features, you have a few more minutes to join!

Akis

Over 9000
Nice race guys! I saw some nice battles between @Cayd Breslin and @Henri Sinik .
The dynamic track was a whole new world. It was like ice-skating for half of the race. And after that when the track got some grip, my tires were completely off. Sideways fun :)

Cayd

Podiums: 6 / Race wins: 2
Yeah @Akis Kevrekidis you were sideways more than you were just straight!!

First race I won and was really surprised, this was basically my reaction when I crossed the line:
giphy.gif

Yes good fun tonight even though there weren't many. All finished very close too which was cool. Yeah the dynamic track was a massive shock! Think we will have to test it further to see about whether it affects qualifying too, as there was clearly a huge difference between qualy and race (about 8 seconds per lap!)

Thanks for a good race and thanks @Akis Kevrekidis for the organisation.

Akis

Over 9000
Didn't get any. But I am 100% sure I booked. But I was away from my PC for about 1 1/2 hours so I don't know what happened:(

Probably a bug. Hope you all had a good race, though!
Sorry you couldn't join. I too saw your booking. :(

Yes good fun tonight even though there weren't many. All finished very close too which was cool. Yeah the dynamic track was a massive shock! Think we will have to test it further to see about whether it affects qualifying too, as there was clearly a huge difference between qualy and race (about 8 seconds per lap!)

Thanks for a good race and thanks @Akis Kevrekidis for the organisation.

I found out how it works. We started racing with 94% grip, and then it stayed like that for the whole race. With the default server settings it needs 60 laps to gain 1% grip. Obviously we're gonna change this to something more suiting for our 20 lap races. :)

@Akis Kevrekidis

Ah ok haha, yeah it didn't really feel like the track was getting much better! Do you know about whether it applies for qualifying too? It could be a problem when we all go into turn 1 not knowing how the car will react after practising on a perfect track for an hour?

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.3%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 43 9.7%
  • €3001-5000