Low Speed Physics Question

What I am talking about may seem very minor to some people and perhaps worth ignoring but once I noticed this particular issue I cannot unsee it.

When a car slows down to a stop and transitions from being in motion to stationary, I notice that it appears like the physics just look like it 'turns off'.

For example if you are braking to a stop, the car will pitch forward as you slow which all looks and feels fine but just as the car stops you do not get that final pitch forwards on the suspension. The car just locks and freezes on its suspension. Then once stationary the car starts to super slowly rise and decompress on the front and rise up.

It gives the impression that the final transition from motion to being stationary turns the physics completely off (or behaves like an object with no mass and thus no inertia to create that final dive in front suspension when the wheels stop turning).

I would encourage you to play around with the physics at low speed and observe this for yourself but if your a bit like me it is quite immersion braking and you may not be able to unsee it whenever you stop a car. This is most notable when slowing gently.

My question is if there are any settings on content manager or csp that I am perhaps missing that fixes this issue?

Let me know if anyone else is noticing this or you may think I'm a bit insane or if there is a settin in CM or CSP that fixes this weird bug.

Any advice is appreciated.

Ive always noticed this and hated it but I dont think there is anything we can do about it. Ive seen others talk about it also.
Thanks Micheal, glad to know I'm not going insane and noticing something that doesn't exist. So it's been on the radar for a while but not necessarily something that is easy to fix.

I guess I'll just have to put up with it. Fortunately AC in full motion does have a good feel and look really natural so once your at speed it's all good anyway. Every sim has its limitations and quirks.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed in ACC that in the external view on ultra low throttle you can get the car to move without the tyres rotating. That's another one you cannot unsee.

I would love to see Niels Heusinkveld do a deep dive into the AC and ACC physics to explain what is going on with that.

Huh, the only time my car comes to a complete stop while racing is when I lose control and total out my car into a wall or other stationary object. More often than I like to admit..:whistling:

Forgot where I read or came across something like this that the below a certain speed the calculation of FFB? or something is different or off. If you search for "low speed physics, Assetto Corsa" there are some 2014 postings from Kuno.
My take is .. just enjoy on what AC does well and not getting hang up on something that probably won't get changed.

It's easy to fix in the sense that it's an intentional feature of the game, that can be disabled. The reason it's there is that when you're locked out of inputs (eg. immediately after starting the game, while picking setup) the car will have 0 brakes & be in neutral, ie. it will start rolling on its own. I know CSP is capable of disabling it, not sure how to actually access that option in csp.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 4 6.7%