Love Cycling? Check out CyclingDepartment!

Yes, mixed it up :unsure:
Okay. What I understand from this and some other books I'm reading is that the body can be in two different modes, a carb burning mode and a fat burning mode. The fat burning mode gives more longlasting energy. But you have to give your body the chance to adjust itself to the other diet. Anyways, for me it works great. I completely quitted sugars, and I reduced my carb intake to a bare minimum. I eat butter, eggs, cheese and vegetables instead of bread and fruit. (I also eat beef and fish.) The biggest change for me is that I have a more constant energy, and I lost the need to constantly snack between meals. But it could be true that it doesn't work for everybody.

Okay. What I understand from this and some other books I'm reading is that the body can be in two different modes, a carb burning mode and a fat burning mode. The fat burning mode gives more longlasting energy. But you have to give your body the chance to adjust itself to the other diet. Anyways, for me it works great. I completely quitted sugars, and I reduced my carb intake to a bare minimum. I eat butter, eggs, cheese and vegetables instead of bread and fruit. (I also eat beef and fish.) The biggest change for me is that I have a more constant energy, and I lost the need to constantly snack between meals. But it could be true that it doesn't work for everybody.
Yep, it does not really for me. I am lactose intolerant and more or less vegeterian, so eating low carb and high fat would be pure torture based on the foods I have to eat. The biggest improvement for me was even before I got into cycling was eating nearly no meat especially for lunch. In the past I always felt sleepy and down after lunch. I honestly think that all these high carb low fat, low fat high carb things are always a bit extreme. As long as you eat healthy low quantities of meat and dairy (if you want), good amount of vegetables etc. and pair it with some good amount of sport you will loose weight and still enjoy your food :D

GolfDepartment... maybe if Golf With Friends goes out of alpha once :p
Time to get this on topic again with a little contribution by...me of course.
Tomorrow starts my very first day at my new job, after 13y of underpaid overworked stressing and bs up my ass I literally got physically sick and even more mental problems with rage attacks and very depressive periods. This last year was pretty hard on me and my family. Staying sick at home these last weeks was the only solution to overcome the end period of my job, resulting in a healthy relaxed Sunny like the good old days.
I have taken this opportunity to start with a clean sheat and to dispose of everything that was related to my previous work, meaning also the bike I bought from them I used to go to work with years ago. I returned my electric bike I used last 4 years. So I did a little paintjob and disposed of all parts that were unnecessary or unappealing to the eye and painted it in black matte. I think it looks cool now and it symbolises my fresh start in life : cool, relaxed and positive towards the future. So with this little annecdote I would sincerely like to apologise for all my rants and negative comments here in RD and from now on ride the cool bike on this forum @Bram
This is it (almost perfect)....
removed front spatter shield, cut the rear spatter shield to make it more appealing, removed lights and bagage carrier, painted full black matte.
2016-08-15 16.35.38.jpg
2016-08-15 16.39.12.jpg
2016-08-15 16.38.43.jpg
2016-08-15 16.37.29.jpg

Update: exactly five months now since I gave up smoking. Saved a million euros on nicotine :) Cycled 4500 km's and i am right on par with my goal to reach 6000 km's before the end of the year.

Secondly the new site is gaining momentum with new members who share our passion for cycling which is fantastic. Thanks all for joining!

My new job is awesome. Feels so right . Wage went up with 30% :thumbsup: and taxes with 20%:thumbsdown:, but no more weekend work, no more working during Christmas and New Year, or even Eastern, always home on Monday when the holiday is on Tuesday or home on Friday when it's on Thursday....meaning long weekends :D:p. The job itself is also great , working nights being my own boss and I can get to tell others what to do with full access to all areas :cool:. Just absolutely fantastic . Thx for helping with support . :thumbsup::inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back