The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyergtc65.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPT.COM GTC65
Class: Lotus Elite
Track: Monza Jr. / Castle Combe Chicane
Start Time: 19.00 GMT
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min (1 timed lap only)
Race: 2 x 22 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: Sprint Pack & Elite Pack will be used, so must be installed

Evening of two halfs, Monza was good fun, was on pole and could have won but managed to throw it away again, but had a good battle with Avi and Amir along the way.

Caslte combe - the less said the better, I think i must be tired as I couldn't get it to work at all. Made a great start and led for 1 lap, then lost it big time in the fast turn 2/3, bounced the wrong way and it was curtains. Car was virtually undrivable, had many more cuts, SNG's and crashes to the extent that I broke the car completely. Not a good race tbh.

Still enjoyed myself, but bed is required methinks.

Cheers Stu!

Well yet again fun was the order of the day & tonight had lots of it in the Elite's.

Race 1 had a good start and the race was going well for me. After a little tussel with Roman, great batlle there, next was Amir, after him getting by I chased him down but for some reason I had it in mind we were doing 20 laps, maybe had something to do with me thinking if only I had another couple of laps I could get him as I was getting closer & closer, but as I crossed the line on the 20 lap and proceeded down to T1 all I was thinking was its over but as I hit the wall it dawned on me there were another 2 laps, doh. Anyways that was good fun.

Race 2 & another good start and after all getting round the first lap I was looking forward to a nice little battle with Stuart but before it happed we both got caught up in Toms nightmare at T2/3 which put me at the back of the field. After that the car never felt the same but I pushed as hard as I could but the gap to the front guys was just to big to haul back in.

Anyways as always Stuart picked a lovely car and the 2 tracks tonight were just magic for it. Thanks Mr T and thx to all that showed up, well done guys. Grts to Avi on the 2 wins and grts to all podium finishers. See ya all next time for what is sure to be another fantastic car/track combo...

Race 1 was tough for me, spun it twice during the race, but did have a couple of battles with stuart and steven along the way to keep it interesting. Got lucky 2 laps from the end when Bob went off and i grabbed 6th. I thought fuel was going to be an issue on this track as i was using roughly 1l per lap, so i put in 25l just to make sure. Turned out that i had lots left at the chequered flag, but wasn't going to bother any of the leaders anyway.

Race 2 was a lot better for me. Pulled out my fastest ever lap in practice to go P1, (1:14.8) but was pipped to pole position by around 0.1s witha 1:15:1. Made an average start in amongst the pack and things livened up on lap 2 (?) when myself and Amir came together on the run down to T1, then a few more cars went flying off in various directions in the next sequence of corners, to make things more interesting. Was now behind Avi for a few laps, managed to sneak ahead for a split-second, but was reduced to following close behind for 15 laps or so while we pulled a gap on the rest of the field. Unfortunately, i made a mistake into the T1 sequence and lost 6s, so had no chance of making that up, and settled for 2nd. Avi deservedly won as he didn't make any major errors for the whole race.

Overall, i enjoyed these cars and they seemed to suit the flowing nature of castle combe especially. Thanks to stu for setting his up and working through the server problems we had earlier. Had some good racing as usual, and a flukey turn of pace in race 2 is always a bonus!

If you guys were wondering why I wasn't there today...It's because I'm an idiot lol!!
I set my alarm for 2:45...AM! That would mean that the alarm would wake me up about 12 hours after the event started.
The correct time would have been 2:45PM.

I can't remember when was the last time I missed a GTL event. I feel like crap. And I actually practiced for about an hour before going to bed.
Oh well, have to pay more attention next time.

Sorry Carlos for you :(

Monza - great fight with Bob, Amir and Stu. Then I made a couple stupid mistakes first when I was chasing Amir running wide at Parabolica, after this I spun in T1 and a two times on chciane before SF.

Castle Combe - on practice first ever laps on this circuit, so I didn't expect a great race, made good start and was temporary even in 3rd :) but then I drooped the order as all quicker driver found their pace. I had a few big moments avoiding cars spinning on the track :) Then I got S/G for cutting the track - mostly running wide on exit of 1st chciane. Absolved S/G came back in 8th and I was driving alone, then I got another S/G run to pits absolved S/G and after 2 laps with 1 lap to go I got DQ :(
Now as I'm thinking backwards after getting second S/G but before getting to pits I became another communicate about S/G - so it looks I should absolve two of them :(

Never less it was nice to drive Elite's - handling is pretty good, track choice excellent!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back