GT5 Lotus at Top Gear test track

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Anybody did this special event already? Whaha I really felt like Jeremy Clarkson drifting that little monster around the track with no driving help. Bloody awesome combination.

Yeah i did that, that car is absolutely crazy but so fun, awesome event though it took me loads of tries to win it, the AI seem to do some unusual driving patterns and brake really early, they seem to be set in the way they drive, exactly the same every attempt, so you can learn a path around them.

Driving aids would naturally help a tonne in that car, and at the end i turned them on a little so i could concentrate on driving around the AI instead of just doing massive power slides, and found i was faster for it. Its definitely very doable without them though, i just lost patience with the AI cars

God, this one's a handful. Like many of you I also got really irritated with the AI's lack of flexibility. Nothing more annoying than a car just nudging you, sticking to your rear and not letting go, just pushing you forward AND slowing you down. Combine that with really difficult handling on those un-sporty Comfort Hards and I've reached only 5th so far :(.

I must say that in GT5 this car is way harder to drive than a real Lotus Exige S on some decent rubber. In the Exige you can just put the hammer down when it's sunny and there's absolutely NO way your back end will start to slide like that.

God this is tough with no aids atm I cant even get to the end of the 2 laps without going off :)
Some advice for this one would be greatly appreciated ;)

2 options.

1. Turn the active control to mild and traction control/abs to 1, think of them as a setup tool for the car, you can actually drive the thing a lot more like a real car (in my opinion) with them on, and then you can concentrate on working out your lines and the places to pass.

2. If you're staying with no aids, try to drive slower and less aggressive, the car is insane without the driving aids and to succeed you have to tip toe, there is plenty of time to finish the challenge so you don't have to be nailing it, with a good run you can get first place in 1 lap most likely.

I got to 1st place without aid's, only to end up powersliding on a corner (no surprise there) and the AI car drove straight into me, which ended my chances, so i just turned on the aids to above settings and the car actually felt properly drivable then and i was able to quickly find my lines and just focus on winning the challenge rather than focusing on not doing epic powerslides.

Thanks Ryan,
I'll give both options a go, I think its doable without aids but its going to take quite a bit of time and its weather I have the patience to keep trying :) anyway Ill get back and let you know how I get on!

2 options.

1. Turn the active control to mild and traction control/abs to 1, think of them as a setup tool for the car, you can actually drive the thing a lot more like a real car (in my opinion) with them on, and then you can concentrate on working out your lines and the places to pass.

2. If you're staying with no aids, try to drive slower and less aggressive, the car is insane without the driving aids and to succeed you have to tip toe, there is plenty of time to finish the challenge so you don't have to be nailing it, with a good run you can get first place in 1 lap most likely.

I got to 1st place without aid's, only to end up powersliding on a corner (no surprise there) and the AI car drove straight into me, which ended my chances, so i just turned on the aids to above settings and the car actually felt properly drivable then and i was able to quickly find my lines and just focus on winning the challenge rather than focusing on not doing epic powerslides.

Thanks for advice Ryan spent about 30 mins on this today with out success. I tried with no aids but I fear my skills are not up to it. Will give this a shot!

I stick with aids off :) I like a challenge. For others without aids. Try practicing this; when the rear steps away, lift off throttle a tiny bit and apply a tiny brake. Tadaaaa. And be very fast with your steering wheel. Especially going from the first opposite lock into preventing the contra-slip.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back