• "I don't know." - Generic Kimi Quotes.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.

Lotus 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SteyrTMP, Nov 27, 2011.

1. SteyrTMP

SteyrTMP

Ratings:
    +2
    After lurking a bit, I joined. I am interested in racing and racing development online and offline.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,998
    Wow, what sort of awesome car is that m8. Really nice and welcome btw :)

3. SteyrTMP

SteyrTMP

Ratings:
    +2
  4. Bram

Bram
    #27 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +15,998
    Moved the thread to the Cars & Bikes forum. Would be great to see how this car progresses. Really nice

5. Dan Smith

Dan Smith

Ratings:
    +530
    Looks awesome mate! Can't wait to see it finished. I wish I had the time to do something like that, oh and of course the skills!

6. SteyrTMP

SteyrTMP

Ratings:
    +2
    You probably do. Time is a relative term... a few hours here and there. As for skills, I knew very little about cars when I started this. I learned to MIG and TIG weld on this, I've built exhaust and custom engine peripherals, I am building a Megasquirt III ECU, and most of the car itself I designed due to the difference between my drivetrain and the original Lotus Seven.

Anyone can do it, and below 10k, usually around or below $5000 if careful. Depending on location, I'm always interested in helping other people interested, and I build frame/chassis-to-go.

7. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Nice project! I also see the future owner of the car there:)

Welcome to Race Department!

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium

Ratings:
    +3,215
    Hi Steyr,
    Keep an eye open in the new year, as there may or may not* be a Caterham 7 League running around then.

* will