1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Lotus 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SteyrTMP, Nov 27, 2011.

1. After lurking a bit, I joined. I am interested in racing and racing development online and offline.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Wow, what sort of awesome car is that m8. Really nice and welcome btw :)

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Moved the thread to the Cars & Bikes forum. Would be great to see how this car progresses. Really nice

4. Looks awesome mate! Can't wait to see it finished. I wish I had the time to do something like that, oh and of course the skills!

5. You probably do. Time is a relative term... a few hours here and there. As for skills, I knew very little about cars when I started this. I learned to MIG and TIG weld on this, I've built exhaust and custom engine peripherals, I am building a Megasquirt III ECU, and most of the car itself I designed due to the difference between my drivetrain and the original Lotus Seven.

Anyone can do it, and below 10k, usually around or below $5000 if careful. Depending on location, I'm always interested in helping other people interested, and I build frame/chassis-to-go.

6. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Nice project! I also see the future owner of the car there:)

Welcome to Race Department!

7. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

Hi Steyr,
    Keep an eye open in the new year, as there may or may not* be a Caterham 7 League running around then.

* will