1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like the Star Mazda is one of the cars to get the NTM treatment

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Hampus Andersson, Jan 18, 2012.

1. According to the world cup thing, the Star Mazda has been confirmed to have the NTM in the next build.
  2. ...and this is the message stating that:

3. I´m banned so i could not post it.
  4. lol this forum is so dead :) Which is strange because there are a whole lot of iRacers here ;)
  5. Stats disagree, though you're rigth if you say this particular message hasn't got a lot of attention.
  6. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

But they are afraid to talk :)

On-topic: I hope they don't ruin another car with that NTM stuff. OTM for me please.
  7. Stats just show numbers, what would be more interesting is stats vs the start of the thread.

Im not gonna mention any names but im not alone in thinking the iR section is "dead"
    Trust me i honestly don't care how many posts this thread gets, i just posted it because alot of people love the star mazda and i think most of us drove it as we climbed the class-ladder.
  8. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Make it alive :) Forums are active when the content is good.
  9. I tried :) made some threads and discussed the Mclaren etc :p

No but i just thought there would be slightly more traffic and discussions about everything considering there are so many iracers but i guess it will come alive when like you say, new content gets talked about or released.

I can´t wait to drive the NTM Mazda, should get rid of the alien setups where the rear wheels had been replaced with two ice blocks.
    Low speed grip and curbs i´m looking forward to the most i think, can really hustle the car more realistically now.

I think the Ford GT is pretty damn good now as well. C6R feels like it has way to high sidewalls for some reason.
    HPD is a dream.

They just need to fix the grip issue where you have the best grip right out of the box.
  10. i cant wait to try it, after beeing in the F1 lots of months
    switching back to Star Mazda was like driving the front tires on ice, and drifting the car every turn, yep its fun but no realistic at all.
    i think
  11. I'm not thrilled, but I hope the new tyres will improve the handling of the car. So far I've not been very impressed with the NTM, though it does improve driving a bit. Low speed lack of grip has hardly been fixed as far as I can tell. Let's hope that gets better on the SM.
  12. Probably due to setup. The NTM provides more low-speed grip while decreases the high-speed grip.

It´s very notable at Blanchimont with the C6R. Before with the right setup you could take it flat.
    Now it´s impossible to take it flat wíth NTM.
  13. I'm certainly looking forward to the NTM on Star Mazda and DP. Since the release of the HPD I could hardly drive these two cars anymore so I've not been very active - hope this will change with the new release. My hopes are high; and I certainly hope the NTM is still further improved - be it on the cars that had it already or the new ones.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Yeah, but you effectively gave up on it only 5 hours after starting the intial thread, lol.

You have to remember not everyone lives on the RD forums. Maybe they are too busy actually iRacing, which is why they don't post here much. Or maybe they are just getting on with their lives outside of RD and sim racing.

I will however agree that there are quite a few of the original iRacing crowd that used to frequent these forums quite often are hardly seen anymore. Again, I guess real life kicks in and the hobby is shunted down the list of priorities.

15. I did not mean that thread just so you know ;)
    Yes i know most have lives but compared to other threads it just seems dead-ish if you know what i mean with the occasional signing up process etc but nevermind, it´s already been discussed at this point :)
  16. IMO I'm loving the NTM feels alot more realistic to the OTM. I can't wait until the release it on all the other cars, I think it'll create a level playing field now.
  17. I'm waiting to see which cars get the NTM before I decide which car I'm gonna drive next season
  18. Seems like the Mazda won´t get the NTM for the World Cup.... Why am i not surprised....