Looking For Steam Friends

Ok this may sound very sad to you all but i have 0 friends on steam. The reason being not one single friend of mine plays pc games its only me thats addicted. So it would be very nice to have some friends to talk to or play with sometimes when im on steam.

So if you would like to help a lonely steam man out please add me or leave your message here

thanks

nick

Steam friends can easily vanish into air, we need some solid friends...

Oops no you don't mean that! You can see most of our's steam id's via RaceDepartment group in Steam ;)

Please dont use the RD steam group. Jarrod lost control over that group and somebody else we all dont know reigns there now :)

Steam/Valve wont give it back to us because they....suck?

I see your point Bram lets just say im a social person when i can be, my second steam account got hacked and it had no friends on it either lol. I did get it back however and at some point im gonna put it up as a prize as i never use it now

Hmm, I haven't raced on the Steam server though I have spectated 2 or 3 times. I find that it's pot luck in finding a race I can enter. So, the account hacking, is it a case of just not being there in order to prevent a hack or, do you have to respond to something/someone. I heard there were some offering free software in order to scam details?

In fact I'm fairly miffed that when I bought WTTC2010 it came with an oblogation to Steam at all. Today I clicked on the button to list my hardware. That's, list HARDWARE. In the list was every 'software' app I had on my system. Talk about Micro$oft spyware?!

I'm guessing that Steam is so deep rooted into the Race game that I won't be able to run it without Steam?

...Ray.

I don't see why some people still have a problem with Steam. It's great. Especially with the Steam Guard feature. I had my Steam account hacked once (before Steam Guard existed) and Steam Support fixed it very quickly. Another time, my email account had been disabled by the provider so I couldn't change the Steam email account, because they send a confirmation to the old account, but Steam Support helped with that as well, so I for one absolutely love Steam.

Anyway, my steam name is jeepis, if anyone wants to befriend me virtually. I won't be on Steam for awhile though, because the PC I do most of my gaming on decided to cook its graphics card.

So, the account hacking, is it a case of just not being there in order to prevent a hack or, do you have to respond to something/someone. I heard there were some offering free software in order to scam details?
It's phishing actually. Nobody takes your account from you, they just try to trick you, so you give them your password. Never share it with anyone, don't click or login into any website that you're not sure of.

In fact I'm fairly miffed that when I bought WTTC2010 it came with an oblogation to Steam at all. Today I clicked on the button to list my hardware. That's, list HARDWARE. In the list was every 'software' app I had on my system. Talk about Micro$oft spyware?!

Steam hardware and/or software survey is completely voluntary, and pretty transparent. If you don't want to share, don't click.

Hello Senad,

Thank you for your advice to keep my password to myself. I do understand the perils of responding to, 'free offers'. Yes, I understand this to be one form of Phishing.

Account hacking: If by 'not being there' means my name/tag is not on display then a hacker may not know to 'search' using my name, or, to attack my connection. Or, is it the Steam servers that are being attacked directly?

..as for you term 'transperant? Yes, this applys well to the situation. List 'HARDWARE' was the request line; not, 'and/or Software'. Unless you can show me something I may have missed, (which, on a serious note, is possible)? Somewhere on the Steam server is a list of all my software. Silly me, how could that ever be of use to a PC hacker?

So then, don't leave my ISP's homepage and, don't click any buttons no matter how much they infer, 'Trust Me!!'? Got it!!

Thank you...

...Ray.

Account hacking: If by 'not being there' means my name/tag is not on display then a hacker may not know to 'search' using my name, or, to attack my connection. Or, is it the Steam servers that are being attacked directly?

Account hacking = phishing 99% of the time. If you're not completely careless, you have nothing to worry about really.
Even if you do lose access to your account, you can get it back quickly via Steam Support.

..as for you term 'transperant? Yes, this applys well to the situation. List 'HARDWARE' was the request line; not, 'and/or Software'. Unless you can show me something I may have missed, (which, on a serious note, is possible)? Somewhere on the Steam server is a list of all my software. Silly me, how could that ever be of use to a PC hacker?

It's anonymous and voluntary. http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

I don't remember the last time I saw it, so here's a copy/paste of the message from a forum:

Please take a moment to complete the following short survey. Each month, Steam collects data about what kinds of computer hardware and software our customers are using. The survey data is incredibly helpful to us in that it ensures that we're making good decisions about what kind of technology investments to make and products to offer

The data we collect is anonymous and won't be associated with your account.

[ ] Yes, I would like to participate in the survey.
[ ] No, thanks.

Hello Senad,

Without doubt the hardware/software issue seems irrefutable from what the link you supply describes.
The page the link shows I have never seen before. I cannot repeat the GUI that I was presented with which was a small midscreen stand alone dialogue box with an area beneath to display the result and, what I expected to be a conformation of my hardware capability. 'Survey and, software' were not words I remember seeing!

So, on that note I conceed and withdraw my assertion. :)

As for Steam; I am 10-12 days into Sim racing/gaming. I am on several fast rising learning curves, I have no fast and hard opinions.

...Ray.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea