1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Pro/Ace seat OR Test Driver seat for FSR 2014

Discussion in 'Formula SimRacing' started by Andrew Ford, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Hi all!

As FSR moves to Rfactor 2, I'm looking for a driver opportunity. I began racing on xbox in 2011 as a back marker on f1 2011 before winning the Drivers Driver of the year award for the season and becoming a number 1 driver! The following season I was competing for podiums before moving to PC racing at the end of 2012. I spent some time just playing with different cars and learning how to drive better! From being at the back of the midfield (initially) in average club races, I started to compete at the thick end of the action more recently. Within the VWEC ...leading the TXL Racing team with a great group of guys (and fast at that!) allowed me to compare telemetry, racing lines and all round racing knowledge. I was able to get very near the pace of the fastest guys on hotlaps (within half a second of our pole setter) and the team came 2nd in the championship.Like the pros around me, I was able to keep tyres lasting for 1 hour + with minimal drop off in pace. The guys also felt my base setups were really good (didn't need much tweaking to suit all).

Recently I began racing in the formula 3.5 rfactor 2 racing league. my pace again improved and I recently finished 2nd at mills metro park - albeit from a reverse grid start.

When I first moved to pc and raced the fsr mod, i was 6 seconds adrift of the pole setters and in two winter league events, i've managed to reduce that to around Just over a second on hotlapping (but much closer on race pace with tyre management thrown in). At Poznan I was taken out by accident (apology accepted :) ) but my race pace was decent and through recent practise at Silverstone, my pb is 1.46.0 (currently rank 13 out of 50 test drivers) and only 8 tenths of 3rd place for speed. Bare in mind that the pace setters are WC regulars and not all can make their tyres last ;)

I would be happy to take a race seat in either league OR work as a test driver. I can share telemetry with motec, provide good setups and compare pace. and my aim is purely to continue progressing as a driver and enjoying the spirit of sim racing. my progress has been relatively linear so I hope to continue in that way!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. Kris Cobb

Kris Cobb
    Avid Chronic Racing | Team Principal

There may be a seat for you at Avid Chronic Racing Team. PM or email me if interested.

Kris Cobb
    Team Principal
    Avid Chronic Racing Team
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Thank you to the teams who contacted me. I have signed up as a trial test driver which suits me.
    many thanks:thumbsup:
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014