1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Looking for examples to base off of for my cockpit

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dallas Willms, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Hey all,
    I've been browsing through many different websites looking for examples, and after looking at 100's of examples of home built cockpits, I can't really find one that's quite what I want, so I'm wondering if anyone could help me out and find someone who has built something similar to this so I could just base it mostly from their fine work!

- Will be using a G25, so I'll need to incorporate a shifter holder. Also want to be using inverted pedals, so that must be done as well.

- Would prefer if it uses wood (more specifically 2x4's, not MDF). I'm looking to build something pretty sturdy but for cheap, as I'm fairly broke. I don't have the tools I need to use MDF, and especially not metal, so 2x4's would be the best.

- Want something that incorporates a race seat/car seat, and has more of a flat profile and not a "sitting up" profile

- Does not need to have a screen holder as I'll be using it with my projector :dance2:

Thanks in advance for the help!
    -Dallas

Some examples that are kind of close (but they are all metal...):

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member