Looking for an aftermarket round wheel (Thrustmaster t300rs gt)

Greetings fellow racers.

Am currently looking for an upgrade to my stock Thrustmaster T300rs gt, and first of all I figured I'd grab some budget things (gear shifter, handbrake) but am also interested in a bigger (300mm) round wheel. Am looking mainly to drift and drive casually or fast on SRP servers.
Which wheel would you recommend? (budget)

How does the wheel affect the FFB? If the wheel is somewhat bigger/heavier than the stock one, how will it affect the struggle to force the turns on it? Should I be concerned about additional cooling if upping the FFB on T300? (replacing fans and such)

What kind of adapters should I be looking for? Which ones are most reliable to attach the wheel to?

How will it affect claps to change gears, are there any extensions for them? Or replacements all together? Also what about those buttons that are on the wheel by default? Will I be needing to use the keyboard more often?

If all goes well in to this new hobby I believe I will be getting a MOZA R5 bundle as my second wheelbase and will go gradually from there, but for now need to upgrade my T300.

Thank you all in advance for your answers.

If you know you want to upgrade make sure you can use the wheel on future dd wheel bases. One idea since 70 mm is a standard to go for a dd wheel like the VRS where there is cheap mounts available for the true and tested mige. Many dd uses proprietary qr adapters in an attempt to lock you into their Eco system.

Drawbacks you then have to live with usb cable or some Bluetooth connection for button/paddles but coiled cable dont bother me. Then dont do much drifting might be an issue for ev cable not to sat the t300:s cooling as it has to work harder with a heavier rim

There is very cheap adapters so you can mount any rim with 70mm on your t300

Increased diameter give more leverage so ffb will feel weaker even if its as light as a 280 mm rim. I used up to 365 mm on my tx however already 320mm numbs it a lot but its still pleasant to use.

Upvote 0
What Pär wrote about the wheight of the rim is especially true with the T300.

I had an aftermarket dished 350mm on my T300 (with a 3d printed adapter) I didn´t use it much because the cars felt "dead"

With a little luck you´ll find a used 300mm TM Ferrari something/something wheel, these are quite light and have buttons and paddles.

Another possibility would be a used Fanatec 300mm rim with aforementioned 3d printed adapter, these are also not to heavy. Fanatec has 70mm PCD, so it can be used for every common quickrelease at a later point.
Go for leather over Alcantara, the last will deteriorate fast even when used with gloves.

If you go paddle free you´ll need your keyboard a lot more or maybe a nice buttonbox?

I´m in the process of building a cockpit so the switches, dials and levers look nice behind the steering wheel.

MFG Carsten

Upvote 0
while surfing through the available options I came across this model. It's carbon made and all the necessary carveouts for the buttons. Wider in size but yet lighter than the original stock wheel. Also comes with enlarged paddles that attach to the existing ones, prolonging them. Would this be a viable option given that FFB will be almost similar to current one?

Attachments

• wheel 33.jpg
    wheel 33.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back