Looking for a B Class Car

Hi guys, I recently got back into iRacing and I've worked my way pretty quickly through the classes, I was Rookie at 2.56 on Wednesday and now I'm B class at 3.75...I would be content with the Rileys for now but they are at Lime Rock next week which could be, erm...violent.

So I was thinking that over next week I'd get my A class and then back to the Rileys for the start of the premier Grand Am season at Homestead next Sunday.

I'm thinking of the Indy car or the Vette, not sure which to go for (I already have the Radical). I tend to enjoy GT cars more than prototypes or openwheelers, but I'm loving the DP Riley and I'd love to give the Indy car a shot, so I'm pretty much at a loss.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

If you go Indy you get a Class B road and oval car. The vette is nice as well but requires some time to get comfortable with. Since you already have the radical it would be crazy to not be able to drive it since you don't have the vette yet. You can run the fixed and mixed series by getting the vette. Sounds like you are moving through the ranks pretty quickly, slow down and enjoy it. Congrats and have fun. By the way tracks are the important thing to focus on, once you have a good base of tracks cars are the easy part.

i have both the vette en the indy
love both cars
but the vette requires time to get used to(for me it is)
the indy car has more grip en is easier to drive but going fast in it is hard

actually all cars with lots of horsies are a pain do drive fast for me :p
now i'm sticking with the riley this season

I like both the Indy and Vette, however what they say is very very true. The Vette isn't very nice to play ball with when you first get in it, but once you get use to it it's pretty nice. The Indy is a nice car too, and just last night I ran in two of the races at Michigan. Second one didn't turn out all that great. I started in 19th and got up to 3rd, had to go in for a green flag pit stop and as I was about to cross the line a caution came out and I was black flagged for entering a closed pit. If I had been half a second faster I would have been fine I think. So back to the end of the longest line and on the restart two cars got into it and took me and about 5 other cars with them. Finished 22nd.

Here is a little video that I made just show a friend that I have known for 15 years. I'm trying to get him into iRacing...hahaha Even though I'm still not a "huge" oval fan getting my license up on the oval side has been pretty fun. The great part is Indy has a road side as well.

Thats indeed new this season you can use the indy to race both your oval and road licenses
Been looking with interest to the Indy might pop into that one as do like it.

Nice vid Joe, shame to loose that 3rd that way thats oval racing for yah:)

Just started with the Vette myself, takes some time to get used to, especially coming from the Star Mazda. But I started liking it, as I had a little bit enough of the fragiles Star Mazda. The races I saw so far, the quality of racing was better than in the Star Mazda.

I am running in the fixed series, I like the shorter races. So far, when ever I tried I got an official session, week day and week end. The field can be spread, last race I did was between iR 4000 and 900 with something like 16 people.

Never tried the Indy, most propably I will never, am just not a big fan of open wheelers.

If you fancy trying another open wheeler I'd absolutely suggest to get the Indycar. I raced it right when it was released and it's still one of my favourite cars in iRacing. It somehow just feels right for me. Be it the grip, the aerodynamics. It all feels like I expect it to.

I myself don't like the oval racing that much so I'm not sure I would buy the Indycar nowadays as it's split into Oval and Road series. For full road I love it, if you like oval then you just have to get it ;)

The Vette is nice too, although it's still too much of a brick for me. I'm hoping for improvements due to the new tire model.
What's great though is the fixed series with short races and multiclass racing as well.

Thanks for the tips guys, I went for the Indy car in the end (also got the Williams as a cheeky extra b/day present to myself).

Loving it so far, really like the feel of the car, feels right really nice balance...trying to learn the setup at the moment and master the quick downshifts :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back