• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Longer cable (or extension) for Fanatec handbrake?

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by RaceWasGood, Feb 28, 2017.

1. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    Moving the handbrake around i found the cable too short for the new location. The cable has a 3,5mm stereo minijack at the handbrake side and IIRC there's a similar jack where it connects to the pedals (didn't check though).

One way or another i'll have to fix a longer cable, but do you know how it's wired (tip/ring/sleeve, two or three wires)?

2. Moxley6969

Moxley6969

Ratings:
    +206
    Not 100% positive, but appears this is a general way of wiring a 3.5jack
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    Thanks @Moxley6969 :) That's the common wiring for stereo audio cables and if that's the way Fanataec has it set up we could just use a stereo extension cable, which would be great. I'm just not sure if it'll work so i thought i'd ask first. Did unmount the handbrake housing which exposes the jack at that side and it looks like three wires are connected so i guess i'll just try with a stereo extension and see what happens (if anything...) :cool:

4. demetri

demetri
    Premium

Ratings:
    +66
    I simply bought a generic stereo extension cable with an angled mini-jack plug (to make it stick out less than the original Fanatec cable). Works like a charm

• Like Like x 1
  5. RaceWasGood

RaceWasGood
    Premium

Ratings:
    +81
    Yup, a generic stereo extension cable indeed works. Thanks guys!