Logitech G27 Clamps

Denis Betty

The older I get, the better I was.
Staff
Premium
I bought my G27 from Ebay, listed as "New other". It was cheap because one of the clamps had been broken - I think it was a returned item. Anyway, this suited me because I intended to bolt it to my rig via the threaded holes underneath. Whilst I was fitting the wheel, the remaining clamp broke - not under any force, I don't even know how it happened I just looked down and it was on the floor.
The wheel works fine and I have no problems with it, however, the bolts work loose after a while (I don't wanna over tighten them and cause damage) and there is some flex in the vertical plain. I worry that these 2 factors may eventually lead to some kind of damage to the wheel's casing. So, I decided to look into buying some replacement clamps in order to secure the front of the wheel and give extra support and peace of mind.
The clamps are not listed on Logitech's website so I started to dig around and found that I am, by no means the only person to experience this problem. A quick search showed that forums were full of posts bemoaning Logitech customer after sales care and the lack of a solution to this problem - which appears to have been going on since the launch of the G25 (similar clamps, same problem).
I e-mailed customer support and got a couple of very polite replies from a nice chap, but the replies evaded addressing my points about the nature and scale of this problem and just basically fobbed me off.
I wasn't really expecting anything else (and hands up, I bought the wheel with a broken clamp) but I was so frustrated about the lack of replacement clamps that I felt compelled to say something.
Does anybody else know how I feel here? Is it worth a few people letting Logitech know what bad business this is or am I just ranting to myself in a corner?

I'd be glad to share the e-mail correspondence I had with Logitech customer support (joke) if anyone is interested.

Cheers

So did you get some new clamps or ??

I am 99% certain the G25 clamps are the same, if they are I am fairly certain I have some sat around in a drawer, I will look, if I have them your welcome to them if you cover the cost of postage...

Upvote 0
i use locking washers on my rig
cbe9caa5_900aee8f_6128_4a47_a479_bd1da9cbab8c.JPG

but yes trying to get spare parts form Logitech is very hard

Upvote 0
So did you get some new clamps or ??

I am 99% certain the G25 clamps are the same, if they are I am fairly certain I have some sat around in a drawer, I will look, if I have them your welcome to them if you cover the cost of postage...

Thanks Mark for your help and kind offer. I've hard mounted my wheel via 2 M6 threaded holes which are situated at the front of the shell, near where the cables come out from underneath. It's just that, whilst wrestling with a particularly slippery track the other day, I noticed that the wheel was flexing up and down at the front. I'm worried that this could put pressure on the shell around the bolt holes resulting in damage. That's why I wanna clamp the front down (gently).

I've read that G25 and G27 clamps differ only in that the 27s have pop-up nuts on top - which doesn't worry me at all. However, I have a bid (much larger than I wanted to bid) on a set of clamps on Ebay. I only considered trying Logitech when another bidder came in. That's when I became so peeved with their after sales care/attitude. I still think the clamps are weak and barely fit for purpose and don't understand why they have not been upgraded. I'm otherwise completely made up with the wheel, which makes it all the more frustrating that they have "spoiled a nice boat for 2 penneth of tar".
One good thing to come out of this was that I was surprised to see how cheap a replacement gear shifter is on the Logitech website (£30ish). Two sides of the same coin I guess.

I'll hold fire on your offer until after the auction if that's ok with you? That way, you could help someone else out who has no other option.

Thanks Rupe for the spring washer suggestion. I amaze myself with how dim I can be sometimes. I'll defo give that a go. :)

Upvote 0
My G25 just died on the end of last month after 4 and half years...What was broken?
Firstly the potentiometers of acceleration and brake were ultraused..giving spikes,also the clutch its not in good shape...then it happend...damn encoder snaped in 3...I had to try and fix it but it didnt work...So i searched for parts and what do you know,nothing on Logitech but with some tips and search i found that another wheel from logitech, the DFGT one has the parts that i need...right,then i thought i should get one of those,but not that easy to find one new,and even used are not around anymore....BUT after days of search on internet and around the city stores,with some luck i found only ONE store were i can get this wheel at the price of 140 Euro.
Ordered and tommorow i will get it,joy,finally i can fix the G25...
Maybe ask why desassemble a new wheel to repair a old one....well,DFGT is ugly for first and 2ndly,i need the H gear shifter and DFGT doesnt have one. :p Oh not to mention it doesnt have clutch either :D
To be ontopic,i never had problems with clamps but in the same time i didnt use them alot since the wheel was mounted on a custom playseat(not bolted)Maybe i used the clamps for 8 to 10 times at most,and i didnt got easy with them..i was applying some serious force on them at my 110 kg weight lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The encoder and pedals potentiometers are the first to go...
If you have a encoder,thats gold for those like me who cant buy a new better wheel than g25-g27...
There is someone on the market who sells brass encoder,lasser made,but its to expesive for me....

maxresdefault.jpg

Potentiometers aswell,its something i could not find to replace the old ones because of the properties as its shown it the picture below

pots.jpg

If i could find the potentiometers somewhere to buy them,then for sure i would of not buy a new DFGT wheel only for the encoder....
Maybe latter this year i will have another look at that offer of the brass encoder....

Upvote 0
You could maybe use something like DXtweak and then have std pots as a replacement ? That program enables you to adjust the working threshold in windows for each input individually. I remember seeing someone else re: coders a while, is it maybe possible something from an old mouse might work as well ?

Upvote 0
You could maybe use something like DXtweak and then have std pots as a replacement ? That program enables you to adjust the working threshold in windows for each input individually. I remember seeing someone else re: coders a while, is it maybe possible something from an old mouse might work as well ?

The encoder wheel from an old mouse is slighty larger than G25 encoder and it will not work but of course there might be a chance to find a match from all the types available on the market.
I didnt know about DXtweak...if this is true,than its a good news,but i had not found a single information about this when i searched for pots replacements.Maybe i didnt search with the right words.:)
Anyway,just recived the new DFGT and as we speak,i am thinking on the next steps....testing and then make it pieces for the parts Muhahaha:devilish:

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea