GT5 Logitech G25 support in GT5P?

Hi All,
Got a G25 for Xmas off the Wifey. Just got it sorted for GTR Evo on the PC and decided to take my rig downstairs to show off to the family. Loaded GT5P but can't see any profiles for the G25 in the profiles page. Can't see any option for clutch use either and finding it impossible to create my own profile due to what I think is quite a poor interface. Can anyone help me with this. It would be greatly appreciated.

Kennedy2125

I'm pretty sure it's possible even with a working clutch, don't know whether it's allowed to post a link, you can google GTPlanet, there're tons of informations but even here you might find something

You shouldn't need to select any settings, just plug it in and go, I'm sure thats all I did when I had one (I've seen people say use the DFP settings though). Re-map the controls from the general controlelr options its pretty straight forward, select the button you want and select the command from the drop down list, no real drama. To enable the clutch press the triangle button as each race starts as you take control of the car. Unfortunately in GT5P you have to do this each time you start a race it does not get saved, hopefully now wheels with clutch support are more common it will be a selectable option in GT5. Once you've got it sorted you are more than welcome to join us in the GT5P hot lap challenge...see you there!

One thing I'm particularly concerned about is the limited customization that the PS3 games offer. For my G27 is a bit off-quality when it comes to FFB & there are vigorous oscillations if FFB's kept high. Thanks to the diversifications possible in GTR Evo, I managed to get over it & play competitively. But with the PS3, sigh, couldn't even play Colin McRae Dirt.. (I didn't find it to be plug & play here like in GT5P) :(
I seriously hope future PS3 games are made fully G25/G27 customizable & we can set parameters like centering spring stiffness & turn FFB OFF.

I think the G25 compatibility is not perfect, as it's only really compatible due to the official GT wheel being compatible, and they use the same tech. Also, it needs to be accessible. The last thing people want to be doing is setting the perameters of the wheel.

I tried my G25 on my friends copy of GT5 Prologue and it worked with the gear paddles but no clutch. It might of been possible to get the clutch to work but we didnt mess about.

Only problem was finding a good way to sit with a wheel designed to sit on a desk.

I'm tempted to blow some money on this when the full game comes out;
http://www.speedblack.com/newzealand/features.html

Just like Kevin suggested, you need to press the triangle button to engage the clutch. But it has to be the one on the G25 instead of the DS3 or the sixaxis controller. On the G25 it means the very top round button on the shifter panel. And you need to press it after the gaining control of the car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back