1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOD Settings

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Shawdad, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Shawdad

Shawdad
    PSN ID: Shawdad

I created a TV tower with the wall tool that is around 300 meters tall so it is visible from pretty much everywhere on the track..or at least I want it to be. The max LOD setting is too low. Is there a way to bypass the LOD settings altogether so that you can make a wall visible from any distance?

Thanks!

2. You need to possiby increase mainview clip-plane, you can find the corresponding line in the.TRK file. Default is 1500 and it's measured in meters.

3. Shawdad

Shawdad

Thanks for the reply! I cant seem to locate the .TRK file anywhere. Any hints on where it would be?
    Thanks.

4. Shawdad

Shawdad

Ahh Never mind, I found in in the .SCN file. It seems to have worked perfectly. Thanks for the info Kennett. I appreciate it!

5. Yeah, i forgot to add that my knowledge is limited to BTB EVO and Race07.. But most of the info is adaptable to all gMotor2 games, like GTL, GTR2 and rFactor. Apart from materialnames and TDF stuff (material feedback) everything is identical.. Some textures won't mix, that's about it, basically. There are always some exeptions of course but like i said, all info is at least adaptable across titles.