1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Locking the font and size?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Hampus Andersson, Jan 20, 2013.

1. If i let´s say copy and paste something from Wikipedia and post it here, it will keep the Wiki font and include hotlinks just like it is on Wiki.
    That is great in a way with the hotlinks but usually the font just looks way off as well as the size.

Is there any setting i could tick to get rid of this so that everytime i c/p something into the post window it converts it into the standard font/size that is used here?

Example,
    To this but automated,

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nope as its working as designed.

Quick work around.
    - copy/paste your text
    - highlight all the text (drag left mouse button or control +a) and click the eraser icon (left top in the text editor)
    - all text markup is now reset :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Eveyday i learn something new...
    or a quicker way to do it..:)

4. Yea that´s exactly what i do now, and it´s got damn annoying :D

5. Turning of Rich Text editor works but then i lose all the quote buttons and other stuff. Oh well guess i have to mark every text every time :)

6. edited,

7. Bram

Bram

Or use Google Chrome and try to copy something and paste without mark-up.

8. Always use Chrome, been using it since day 1 :) pasting without mark-up meaning? embedded links?

9. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

It's what the "m" stands for in html.

It handles hyperlinks, image links, font properties (bold/italic/underline etc) paragraph alignment, quotes...

Pretty much anything that comes within square brackets [ ] and is ended by slashed square brackets [/ ] and defines properties on an asset rather than being rendered as text.

To bold text, you can either put [b ] around [/ b] it like this (which displays it as around), or click the bold button (which does exactly the same thing). The [ ] properties "mark-up" the text, but don't get displayed themselves

• Like Like x 1
  10. ok got it, i´m familiar with the [_QUOTE] all the rest but never understood they all had a name for it, thanks.

11. Bram

Bram

12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

BulletinBoard Codes? Damn, if so, this is the first time since I've heard about for about 10 years ago I actually get what the BB stands for. Me, slow? Naaah.

• Like Like x 2