1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Locking the font and size?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Hampus Andersson, Jan 20, 2013.

1. If i let´s say copy and paste something from Wikipedia and post it here, it will keep the Wiki font and include hotlinks just like it is on Wiki.
    That is great in a way with the hotlinks but usually the font just looks way off as well as the size.

Is there any setting i could tick to get rid of this so that everytime i c/p something into the post window it converts it into the standard font/size that is used here?

To this but automated,
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nope as its working as designed.

Quick work around.
    - copy/paste your text
    - highlight all the text (drag left mouse button or control +a) and click the eraser icon (left top in the text editor)
    - all text markup is now reset :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

Eveyday i learn something new...
    or a quicker way to do it..:)
  4. Yea that´s exactly what i do now, and it´s got damn annoying :D
  5. Turning of Rich Text editor works but then i lose all the quote buttons and other stuff. Oh well guess i have to mark every text every time :)
  6. edited,
  7. Bram

Or use Google Chrome and try to copy something and paste without mark-up.
  8. Always use Chrome, been using it since day 1 :) pasting without mark-up meaning? embedded links?
  9. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

It's what the "m" stands for in html.

It handles hyperlinks, image links, font properties (bold/italic/underline etc) paragraph alignment, quotes...

Pretty much anything that comes within square brackets [ ] and is ended by slashed square brackets [/ ] and defines properties on an asset rather than being rendered as text.

To bold text, you can either put [b ] around [/ b] it like this (which displays it as around), or click the bold button (which does exactly the same thing). The [ ] properties "mark-up" the text, but don't get displayed themselves
    • Like Like x 1
  10. ok got it, i´m familiar with the [_QUOTE] all the rest but never understood they all had a name for it, thanks.
  11. Bram

12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

BulletinBoard Codes? Damn, if so, this is the first time since I've heard about for about 10 years ago I actually get what the BB stands for. Me, slow? Naaah.
    • Like Like x 2