Loading VR is a bit tedious - Any way to bind "move seat position" to buttons on keyboard/wheel?

So every time I load a new race, inevitably, my relative position to the steering wheel is off, like it's usually not close. I have to like start the game, do a re-center on the vr hud, then start the race, go to the apps, open the "Onboard Settings" app, then, with the mouse, (while I'm in vr, super annoying) click the arrows + seat position to get a good relative postilion to the steering wheel.
Takes several minutes to adjust all this.
It would be wonderful if I could bind the "move seat position" buttons in onboard settings so I can just load the game up, and use like the D-pad on my wheel to quickly adjust, no need for a mouse/app/buttons/etc etc.
If that's not possible, how do you guys handle this?

(PS the 'save position' on the app doesn't work, I still have to reset it after every race)

• Deleted member 1066209

CTRL+SPACE or LOOK LEFT+LOOK RIGHT buttons at the same time.
This, or if you have Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch (I'm not sure if CSP is required, but I think it's likely), you can bind a steering wheel button to "recenter view in VR", or something like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
So every time I load a new race, inevitably, my relative position to the steering wheel is off, like it's usually not close. I have to like start the game, do a re-center on the vr hud, then start the race, go to the apps, open the "Onboard Settings" app, then, with the mouse, (while I'm in vr, super annoying) click the arrows + seat position to get a good relative postilion to the steering wheel.
Takes several minutes to adjust all this.
It would be wonderful if I could bind the "move seat position" buttons in onboard settings so I can just load the game up, and use like the D-pad on my wheel to quickly adjust, no need for a mouse/app/buttons/etc etc.
If that's not possible, how do you guys handle this?

(PS the 'save position' on the app doesn't work, I still have to reset it after every race)
You should be able to save the position just fine, I've never had an issue with it not saving.
Try reinstalling the app?
And why do you find using the mouse in VR 'super annoying'?

Last edited:
This, or if you have Content Manager and Custom Shaders Patch (I'm not sure if CSP is required, but I think it's likely), you can bind a steering wheel button to "recenter view in VR", or something like that.
This is what I do (although most cars are centered right if I put my HMD on before the session begins). It only requires CM, so can be performed without CSP.

This used to drive me crazy.

My fix (found on this forum somewhere) is similar to the one above, but using antimicro (freeware) to map a steering wheel button to a keyboard key, and mapping that key in CM. Gives access to a few other key command option shortcuts in windows that I d'ont think you can do in CM alone.

Usually once saved the relative positions should stick. It's only if you are in a new car you might need to fine tune the position - but its usually not far off.

FYI for everyone. There are now controls in CM to adjust seating position.

Attachments

• bandicam 2022-06-06 11-30-31-127.jpg
    bandicam 2022-06-06 11-30-31-127.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 147
It would be great if those keys defined for seat adjustment could work without having to activate the app first, which already requires the use of the mouse.

FYI for everyone. There are now controls in CM to adjust seating position.
Never noticed those were added, massive thanks for this post, it will make my life much easier (also already searching for cheap electric mirror controls on Amazon for my next DYI project ;) ).

Elaphe - those mapped buttons DO work without mouse control, you can adjust seat and mirrors on-the-fly without having overlay apps opened or anything. The only time those seem to not work is when your chat is active and you are typing on it, you need to "click outside of chat window" so game doesnt recognise the input commands as chat.

Never noticed those were added, massive thanks for this post, it will make my life much easier (also already searching for cheap electric mirror controls on Amazon for my next DYI project ;) ).

Elaphe - those mapped buttons DO work without mouse control, you can adjust seat and mirrors on-the-fly without having overlay apps opened or anything. The only time those seem to not work is when your chat is active and you are typing on it, you need to "click outside of chat window" so game doesnt recognise the input commands as chat.
I'll give it a try tonight again, but the other day the controls didn't work for me when the seat app window was not on screen.

I'll give it a try tonight again, but the other day the controls didn't work for me when the seat app window was not on screen.
Tested it yesterday with separate joypad and buttons mapped to right column (wheel/pad), but initially tried it with left column (keyboard shortcut shift+direction) and also worked no problem. Maybe you clicked on chat first and game understood it as chat command?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.