AC LMP1/GTE @ Monza - Saturday 25th of February 2017

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Entry list updated.
Some notes:
  1. For GT drivers: open your Real Time app and check when under blue flag an LMP1 is approaching. Keep in mind that those cars are about 100 km/h faster than you, so when you see them in the mirrors it could be too late. Keep your racing line, do not lift off and let the LMP1 driver to make the move.
  2. For all, and most important: the grid is half full and the race is long 1h 45', if not really necessary, pls do not disconnect and try to complete the race.
  3. Have fun.

First of all, Sorry to @Jimlaad43 for Crashing you. I didnt saw you coming, because i lapped a guy 5seconds earlier, and you where directly behind him. Big Apologize for that...:(

Congrats to everybody who finished this great Endurance Race:thumbsup:. Would be nice to do more of them.;)

Very nice endurance race.
Congratulations to all the drivers that get the chequed flag: very professional driving attitude staying until the end and also during the overtakes when lapped.
Unfortunately @Jimlaad43 had a disconnection when after about 1h 15 min we where divided only by 10 secs, this made my last 30 min just an hotlapping work.
Next week the modern endurance will have a pause, leaving the scene to the Le Mans legends of the 70s.

First of all, Sorry to @Jimlaad43 for Crashing you. I didnt saw you coming, because i lapped a guy 5seconds earlier, and you where directly behind him. Big Apologize for that...:(

Congrats to everybody who finished this great Endurance Race:thumbsup:. Would be nice to do more of them.;)
Not a problem. TBH, it was one of the more fun spins I've ever had (somehow) :roflmao:

Thx for this race. It was fine, I completed 57 laps on 458 GT2. I'm not the best GT2 driver but it was very nice.
LMP1 drivers overtake GT cars carefully ; so thanks for that.

I'm sorry for bumps with a BMW on lap 3 or 4. My car was still ok - I hope I have not damage a lot the other one.
Finally, RIP @Jimlaad43 .What happens ? A device bug ?

Gratz to all drivers still alive after 1h45min on track. Have a good night.

Thx for this race. It was fine, I completed 57 laps on 458 GT2. I'm not the best GT2 driver but it was very nice.
LMP1 drivers overtake GT cars carefully ; so thanks for that.

I'm sorry for bumps with a BMW on lap 3 or 4. My car was still ok - I hope I have not damage a lot the other one.
Finally, RIP @Jimlaad43 .What happens ? A device bug ?

Gratz to all drivers still alive after 1h45min on track. Have a good night.
My wheel was accidentally disconnected, so I pretty much crashed at full speed, and then I couldn't get it working without leaving the server, so I had no option but to quit.

Hi guys, yesterday I had to put my 919 in the pits in the 38th lap because my daughter woke up crying very hard, so I had to comfort her. Question: Edward and Giuseppe were going mindblowingly fast on the straights where my 919 was as slow as a snail. ;) I think I used the wrong MGU thingy?? Really really loved the race. The GT2's were paying attention a lot when the LMP1's were storming on them. Proficiat. Nice racing guys, a shame I had to put the car in the pits :(

Hi guys, yesterday I had to put my 919 in the pits in the 38th lap because my daughter woke up crying very hard, so I had to comfort her. Question: Edward and Giuseppe were going mindblowingly fast on the straights where my 919 was as slow as a snail. ;) I think I used the wrong MGU thingy?? Really really loved the race. The GT2's were paying attention a lot when the LMP1's were storming on them. Proficiat. Nice racing guys, a shame I had to put the car in the pits :(
What setting did you have the MGU Recovery set to? We both drove around on Charging, and pressed the release button on the exit of the corners.

What setting did you have the MGU Recovery set to? We both drove around on Charging, and pressed the release button on the exit of the corners.
Haha I didn't push a button at all and had my settings at Low Agressive I believe. So the 919 has KERS? Well that's pretty nooby from my side. Haha, lol, whoops :confused:. But what a, car it is. PS, my top end speed at the long straight was about 307 kmu, while you guys hit about 345 kmu I guess?

Almost 340 kmu. That's quick. Much quicker then my Kersless 919 ;).
Well Martin, deploying the MGU out from parabolica and with a decent battery reserve, I had a top speed of 360 km/h :D, so yes, LMP1s with Kers are just insanely fast.
In tracks like Monza or Le Mans with long straights the "Charging" mode with manual Kers is a must, you can use other deployment modes in more twisty track like Silverstone.

not really a must
Well, a must to be competititve compared to other preset deployments.
For example, the "High" preserve gives you always electrical power up to 5th gear, this means that you're without electrical power in 6th and 7th and for a long part of the straights --> very low top speeds --> in Monza slow lap times.
During the race I used to deploy massive electrical thrust out from parabolica up to 360 km/h, then another shot up to the middle of Curva Grande. After this the battery reserve is pretty over, so I let it charge until 2nd of Lesmo, in order enough energy stored to activate little "pushes" in the other two straights.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.