1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Livestreaming isn't working

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ross Balfour, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Hey guys, recently I have noticed I can't watch any streaming of broadcasts on the internet since Thursday. I have no idea why as I haven't changed anything. I tried changing browsers but that didn't change anything. When I go to watch it it's just a white screen. I can however hear the commentators and cars but just no picture. Hope this can be solved, thanks in advance!

2. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Did you download any strange codecs for your media player? Not sure if thats possible but try a clean version of windows media player or Silverlight.

3. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Nope, actually haven't used WMP in about 2months, been using iTunes. Dunno if it just wants some revenge on me :D

4. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff Premium Member

I couldn't watch RDLMS live broadcast in FF which really sucked. It would only load in IE. never had a problem before so don't know why.

The psr intro just looped over and over without ever passing of to the live stream.

5. I can never watch live stream in FF, no idea why. Downloaded the plugins blah blah, but only ever works in IE also. Exact same problem as you Dave.

6. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen
    #111 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Premium Member

Do normal movies work in the browser and outside the browser with mediaplayer?

7. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Yes and yes Marcel.

8. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Which OS and which Mediaplayer version you use?

9. Marcel Hulsbergen

Marcel Hulsbergen

Try this:

If you have Windoes 7 disable the mediaplayer, and reboot, then enable the mediaplayer and reboot again.

See screenshot.
    Capture.JPG

10. are there any other players supported than windows media player? Cause i can't use that one :)

and yeah in firefox the stream won't open here either, just loops intro. It has always done that in FF.

Just found something. If you go to psrtv.com. There u can choose external player( mediaplayer button ). I changed it when it asked to open mediaplayer to my regular player ( VLC player ) and it opened it slowly at first :p

11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

Never thought of that, that will fix the problem on my other OS.

12. External player is nice, but it's nice to have some chat too :(.

13. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson

can still have chat, its a 2 window job me thinks :)

14. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour

Thanks Marcel but it didn't work, still only receive Audio but only a white screen :(