rF2 *Livestream* Indycar @ Michigan Superspeedway - Friday 3rd May 2024

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Indycar OT.jpg

Bringing the rFactor 2 club back into the Livestream spotlight, we have a warmup for our end of month Indianapolis race! The Indycars will be racing at Michigan, a Superspeedway we raced at successfully a few weeks ago, in an event we think would be perfect to whet the appetite for the Greatest Spectacle in virtual Racing. It's time to experience wheel-to-wheel racing at over 360kph!

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: OVERTAKE.GG (RD) Indycar
Car(s):
  • Indycar Dallara IR18 - [DLC]
    • Oval Configuration, Oval Track Restriction
Track: Michigan International Speedway - [STEAM]
Layout: Michigan 500
LIVESTREAM: Yes
Air Temperature: 22°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Formation/Rolling
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Sunny
ABS/TC: Low
Gimmicks: Full Course Cautions, Refuelling
1714069945971.png

Schedule: (EU) Friday 3rd May 2024
Practice: 18:00UTC | 19:00 BST | 20:00CEST (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20UTC | 20:20 BST | 21:20CEST (5 minutes)
Warm-Up: 19:25UTC | 20:25 BST | 21:25CEST (5 minutes)
Race: 19:30UTC | 20:30 BST | 21:30CEST (100 Laps)

Time Zone converter
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.

DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. Lesley Buurlage
  3. Ingemar Petersson
  4. soulfaster
  5. David Steinacher
  6. Craig Dunkley
  7. toosox
  8. Hartmut2
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
Unfortunately I signed up before checking if I am free this Friday, turns out I am busy that day, I am going to have to sign out.:(

ok so 5 sign ups so far hmmm , then no race
We'll get more, don't worry.

Come along and show off what makes club racing on this site so good. If "lack of numbers" has been your excuse for not signing up before, join us for this livestream as it will do nothing but help reverse the trend of lower signup numbers. When we show off this fantastic race, be proud that you were there for the start of our new era of club racing on Overtake.gg!
@akephoe @AlB_3010 @Andrew Sebastian @Bob Luneski @Chark @Chucky61 @Colin Peach @Cosimo @Craig Dunkley @Daniel R. @dbx71 @Dean Maković @Denis Betty @eN1xes @groy1980 @Hartmut2 @Herlev @H_Belane @Ingemar Petersson @Interslice @Jack Smith @Jan Larsen @Jasje @Jim Carvalho @joecronk @jubes1971 @Julian Strasser @Kamran Khan @Luca Ciarfella @Maciej Strzeboński @max1966i @Michael Rudolf @Michel vL @Monkey T @Ole Marius Myrvold @Oliver Bunz @pattikins @Paul_V @Peevee88 @PurgerUK @Rafnix @Redvaliant @Rich Green @RockRacing77 @Ronny van Rooij @Ross McGregor @Roy Magnes @Sanbone @SimApprentice21 @sisco55 @Stammeleer @Stefan Hiller @SwannyUK @The Almighty Snark @thegreatradish @Thomas Hoelzl @ThreeLionz @Xalfy @Yves Larose

Come along and show off what makes club racing on this site so good. If "lack of numbers" has been your excuse for not signing up before, join us for this livestream as it will do nothing but help reverse the trend of lower signup numbers. When we show off this fantastic race, be proud that you were there for the start of our new era of club racing on Overtake.gg!
@akephoe @AlB_3010 @Andrew Sebastian @Bob Luneski @Chark @Chucky61 @Colin Peach @Cosimo @Craig Dunkley @Daniel R. @dbx71 @Dean Maković @Denis Betty @eN1xes @groy1980 @Hartmut2 @Herlev @H_Belane @Ingemar Petersson @Interslice @Jack Smith @Jan Larsen @Jasje @Jim Carvalho @joecronk @jubes1971 @Julian Strasser @Kamran Khan @Luca Ciarfella @Maciej Strzeboński @max1966i @Michael Rudolf @Michel vL @Monkey T @Ole Marius Myrvold @Oliver Bunz @pattikins @Paul_V @Peevee88 @PurgerUK @Rafnix @Redvaliant @Rich Green @RockRacing77 @Ronny van Rooij @Ross McGregor @Roy Magnes @Sanbone @SimApprentice21 @sisco55 @Stammeleer @Stefan Hiller @SwannyUK @The Almighty Snark @thegreatradish @Thomas Hoelzl @ThreeLionz @Xalfy @Yves Larose
Thx's for the tag , but don't like Oval Races :(

Thx for the tag, would loved to but not available this friday :(

Could you try to change it to Saturday? see if people are available to race? and could you give us some tips for handling the indycar on the oval, like wheel geometry, wheelbase and other settings, please if you know about that?

could you give us some tips for handling the indycar on the oval, like wheel geometry, wheelbase and other settings, please if you know about that?
base setup is pretty good already, from there i would just suggest trimming downforce and balancing out your 5th and 6th gear to have you keep momentum throughout corners or save some fuel while in the draft, so the ratios should be almost smack bang together

if you're using a wheel and you've any leftover buttons assign two of them to raising or lowering the rear anti roll bar so over a stint you've the tools to control the oversteer that will slowly kick in

if you wanna practice some drafting and feel how the car behaves in those conditions just ask and i'll happily hop on the server to do some laps with you :)

Last edited:
Could you try to change it to Saturday? see if people are available to race? and could you give us some tips for handling the indycar on the oval, like wheel geometry, wheelbase and other settings, please if you know about that?
Attached to this post is a setup for you to use on the track. It will take the corners easily flat out even in the slipstream and on the outside line. The biggest parts to practice are the Pit Entry as it is quite tricky here and tying to keep in your "lane" through the corners on the exit, in preparation for being wheel-to-wheel later. I'll be doing some laps this evening if you wish to join the server to get used to the track in the draft.

Attachments

• X Indy.svm
    5.2 KB · Views: 5
Time to put out an invite to some people who are racing in other clubs. if you happen to have rFactor 2 and are free tomorrow evening, please come along and sample the excitement of the rF2 club here!
@GeekyDeaks @CK1249 @abecede @Axel Moebius @Kees Veenstra @Michael Rudolf @Daniel R. @max1966i @Craig Dunkley @Redvaliant @eN1xes @Kamran Khan @RS242 @Boukâh @zn1zn2c @maxilogan @gearwhine
Sorry @Jimlaad43 but not an owner of rF2.
Wishing a good race to everyone!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea