LIVE STREAM: rF2 Formula E DLC and Marcel Offermans Interview - Weds 29/11 @ 8PM GMT

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rFactor 2 Formula E Talk and Drive QA .jpg

RaceDepartment will be interviewing Marcel Offermans of Studio 397 whilst driving the new Formula E rFactor 2 DLC... LIVE!

Tune in to the RaceDepartment Twitch page on Wednesday 29th November as we take to the circuit in the new rFactor 2 Formula E DLC around the tight and twisting Hong Kong Formula E track, while at the same time interviewing the man responsible for this excellent new piece of content and the continual development of rFactor 2 - @Marcel Offermans!

UPDATE: Catch all the action again on YouTube in the video below:

Thinking of interesting and semi intelligent things to say to developers isn't the easiest thing in the world, neither is driving a performance open wheel car on a tight track. Doing both, for the first time, without practice and in front of a live audience probably won't help either... this could go wrong, very wrong indeed...

rf2 Formula E Live Interview and Race.jpg

We will be taking to the track with Marcel, a very accomplished sim racer himself, for plenty of lapping at the new Hong Kong Formula E circuit in the brand new Energize Formula E DLC for rFactor 2 on Wednesday evening and discussing anything and everything rFactor 2 and Formula E. Think of it like a chat down the pub about your favourite topic, but throw in high speeds and tight tracks with unforgiving walls, and a live crowd. Hmmm, might be biting off more than I can chew here...

Anyway if you want to catch what we hope is some interesting and hopefully informative chat, or just want to watch me fall very firmly flat on my face, then check out our live stream this Wednesday 29th November from 20:00 GMT on our RaceDepartment Twitch channel, or catch the action recorded for your viewing pleasure on YouTube in the video below.. (when it's ready, after the main event...)

rFactor 2 is available from Steam as a PC exclusive title now. The Formula E Energize DLC can be picked up for 8.70 from the Steam Store HERE.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you think of the rF2 Formula E DLC? Looking forward to our Live Stream? Find out anything interesting from the chat? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Is there any validation or approved status given to third party mods? Not necessarily that each and every mod will qualify or even be reviewed. But a mod such as Sebring by Virtual LM which I think is superb, would be helpful in what is of quality and in the spirit of the brand.

Will the future FE tracks be in the same price range, and will there be a track pack option with a reduced price like there was with the GT3 cars?

Oh, and will swapping the car at a pitstop be a thing that might come in the future?

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Are you a fan of Formula E? Do you play rFactor 2? Would you like to be involved in this evening's 'Talk & Drive' session with @Paul Jeffrey and @Marcel Offermans? We are looking for drivers to join these two fine gentlemen on track during tonight's broadcast. You do not need to be an alien, or particularly quick at all for that matter - the only required skill is the ability to keep a car pointing in the right direction on the track! :laugh: If you are interested simply reply to this message, but please note that places are limited. In order to participate you must be a Premium member, own rFactor 2, and have already purchased the newly released Formula E pack (car & track). We hope to see you this evening!

The cars and track can be bought via Steam through the inventory for rFactor 2. I just bought the Energize Pack which saves a few bucks. It's so different than anything else. Strange, but very addictive in a kind of way. And though Formula-E tracks are criticized and labeled as Micky Mouse tracks, I find Hong Kong very entertaining. It's quite challenging to drive fast through such a narrow track. And I shall have to practice to keep the nose in the right direction! :p

Hopefully there will be more Formula E-tracks in the nearby future. :thumbsup:

Great job @Marcel Offermans and your team! :thumbsup:

Question: The dx11 version is more or less an open beta, but what about beta testing of upcoming new features for weather effects and the new UI? Is there a way the community could get involved in that as well?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back