PC1 Little review..

Hi guys has any of you played the latest build? If yes please tell me what you guys think of the game cause im not sure if i should buy it and become part of it, so yeah give us a little review of the handling, physics etc.
btw im a sim racer, i play LFS, Rfactor and GTR 2 I sure the physics of pCARS wont be as good as them but is it like SHIFT 2? cause that was bad lol is pCARS atleast drivable? i wanna hear from other sim racers! :p

If someone's wondering what more I want....just make it feel more like GTR EVO's C6R or GSC 88 mac clone, and it'll be a lovefest.

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/defining-a-pc-racing-simulator-sim-index.48105/

David, your sim index shows you have thought a lot about what you like and taken the time to share that. No harm no foul there and your approach certainly has merit. The problem is every facet of the index is highly subjective. We can argue that some pieces do have objective components and to an extent that may be true but, in the end, all the 'feel' in sims is mostly subjective.

Now,a little feedback for you even though I realize you didn't ask for it.

In many of your posts you tend to come across with statements that have no leeway in them... as if the virtual representation of a car can only be done one way to be done right. That rubs people the wrong way because we all interpret the feel differently based upon our driving experience in real life, our knowledge of racing and our sim preferences. Of course you have your right to your opinion and your preferences and you can air them as you see fit. Just understand that you have less credibility if you proclaim things so certainly in a field where there is little certainty and so much room for varied interpretation.

Agree with Andy for me it felt like a fixed/refined SHIFT2, possibly what SHIFT2 was originaly before EA jumped in. It's better obviously than SHIFT but don't go expecting anything close to the big boys like NKP or rF2 when it comes to fidelity and realism to the physics and FFB

It feels more refined than the SHIFT titles but once you get up to the limit and over that is when the arcady side rears itself again like the SHIFT titles. It doesn't punish you really when you go over the edge.

I tried to find something more recent to show what i mean. The video below as he goes over the crest at 1:08 onwards at at that speed and ferocity you would expect an open wheeler like that taking air like that to loose it when it came back down, at least step out, have a wiggle or whatever, instead it bounces. It looks very odd. It's also a car that has been in from day one

!

Here is a similar example in real life from F1 this year to compare this pcars segment to.

It really looks more like a jump / airbourne and collision issue, as I said. If things that are not supposed to happen happen then it's little wonder the landing and bounce doesn't look 100% satisfying of what we expect from that car in a different situation.

The first Webber the front absorbs / dampens most of the impact. As I said it creates a delay of the rebound absorbing most of its energy. If not - it probably behave like the car in pCars...

there's definitely huge collision issues still in the game, that's one of the things you can realistically expect to get ironed out later. There's places where you can hit a bump just off track and your car gets launched 1000s of feet into the air flipping endlessly.

pCars is only good if you don't drive any sims. ( that is only my opinion )

Playing netkar and going to pcars even made the Audi feel terrible, ie, exposed how bad a driving model it is, and the audi seemed to be one of the better cars.
Really terrible simple simon physics compared to the best sims.....I might have to reevaluate my decision to even buy pcars.

I also went on GTR Evo and it quickly felt like a real sim as well.

I agree about what was said above about PCARS is only good if you don't drive any sims, I'd also add don't drive any real cars/karts or watch any racing, and try to avoid real world forces, otherwise you may be disappointed.

There's still plenty of time left though for things to improve, but you guys are right, at the current stage the driving experience is lacking, and the Shiftness is still present despite being a big improvement over those games. The only sim I've been playing lately is GSC which is in another league, plus the AI are pretty decent too. I also drive RF2 sometimes and enjoy driving the 370z.

Hopefully we will see some big improvements over the coming months.

I agree about what was said above about PCARS is only good if you don't drive any sims, I'd also add don't drive any real cars/karts or watch any racing, and try to avoid real world forces, otherwise you may be disappointed.

LOL, it's funny how that works......but I took the cars to Donnington and with it's track layout, it really exposed how bad and inconsistent the FFB is and how simple and rolly polly the physics are.
Is GT5 like that?

I was al so very suprised when I read this

Some comments are just downright lies, especially from someone claiming to be a experienced sim racer.....see this is what really annoys me, the lies....how long to they think they can BS us, and what do they think SMS's reputation will be with sim racers if pcars is representative of what they now deem a sim....

There's nothing wrong with making a arcade racer like pcars, but calling it a sim and constantly trying to slur and silence dissenters is what bugs me.

If someone moved from GT5 to netkar, they'd be blown away by the FFB and sense of realism, but what will they experience moving from GT5 to pcars....they'd be scratching their head wondering why PC simmers make a fuss.

Some comments are just downright lies, especially from someone claiming to be a experienced sim racer.....see this is what really annoys me, the lies....how long to they think they can BS us, and what do they think SMS's reputation will be with sim racers if pcars is representative of what they now deem a sim....

There's nothing wrong with making a arcade racer like pcars, but calling it a sim and constantly trying to slur and silence dissenters is what bugs me.

If someone moved from GT5 to netkar, they'd be blown away by the FFB and sense of realism, but what will they experience moving from GT5 to pcars....they'd be scratching their head wondering why PC simmers make a fuss.

You should know that Stefano Casillo (of nKP or netkar) has twice commented on how good the FFB in GT5 is. In an interview he did for Radical News (here), he found that the GT Academy demo (the GT5 demo that came out prior to the release of the game) "felt "netKar-ish"" to him.

In a more recent interview in Autosimsport, "...now you fire up GT5 and it feels very, very good" (Vol 6 Issue 1, page 40)

Just to say, FFB is only one of many criteria that makes a good simulator.;)
thank you captain obvious.

david, what is wrong if people like pcars but you dont? you are doing the same thing by slurring and bashing the opinions of people who like pcars. dont you realize that there are just a lot of people who are having a good time with it? now youve stooped to copying quotes from virtualr into racedepartments threads, lol. now the 5 people who drive sims comment was of course ridiculous, but on percentages it may be in the right area. it is all down to opinion anyway. you love race 07 and it is one of my least favorites of all time does that mean you are more qualified to judge sims? i have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours with rfactor and you say youve never owned it, does that make me more qualified to judge sims? its in the eye of the beholder as they say. you just keep saying the same things over and over and yes, there may be a hundred out of a thousand that agree with you, but that leaves 900 that dont. you always say that pcars fans try to shut you up, but arent you trying to shut them up as well? thats how passionate conversation works and when they dont see it your way you take it as them shutting you up. its ok that you hate the driving model of pcars, it really is, but dont get mad just because the majority doesnt agree with you.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 42 26.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 31 19.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 28 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 10 6.3%