F1 2011 Little problems of performance.

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi all.
I'm thinking about to explain this here and now I'm decided:

From a time ago I'm suffering several performance problems. They appear from nowhere (I supose...). The game runs smoothly most of the time, but in several times (every day more times) the FPS go down without reason (normally I have 60-80 FPS and when they decrease they are about 35-40 FPS) I know it's not serious but when you are racing it affects a lot to your concentration because the game runs faltering (not smoothly). It happens all the time and it is not about graphics or something like that. It not depends of parts of the circuits which have more graphical load; sometimes the FPS decrease and sometimes not.

I'm thinking about reinstalling the game to see if this improves the performance. So I'm asking to you all:

If I reinstall the game and then copy my savegame, do I have my savegame ok or it does not work?

My PC is: AMD Phenom 1045T 6 cores 2,7 GHz (3,2 GHz TurboCore).
4 Gb RAM.
ATI Sapphire Radeon 5670 512 Mb GDDR5.

Thanks in advance for your answers and I wish you a very happy racing from Spain!

¡Hola!
The savegames SHOULD work (you need to log on to the same GfWL account of course), but there's always a risk of them "resetting", which doesn't even require reinstalling the game.
At the beginning of my 2nd season I went through the practice and qualifying sessions in Australia on one day and a couple of days later I wanted to do the race. Somehow my season got "restarted": I was back in Practice 1 and even my steering settings were back at default values... :O_o:

Btw - some people have already had that kind of performance problems and apparently reinstalling the game didn't help much.

¡Hola!
The savegames SHOULD work (you need to log on to the same GfWL account of course), but there's always a risk of them "resetting", which doesn't even require reinstalling the game.
At the beginning of my 2nd season I went through the practice and qualifying sessions in Australia on one day and a couple of days later I wanted to do the race. Somehow my season got "restarted": I was back in Practice 1 and even my steering settings were back at default values... :O_o:

Btw - some people have already had that kind of performance problems and apparently reinstalling the game didn't help much.

But the performance problems with FPS are not regular. A time ago that did not happen. This problem is increasing from day to day. Very strange in any case...

Sure your PC isnt running a scan / update / fetching emails, or some other process behind the scenes which is stealing processing power from your game and reducing the FPS at random intervals?

I know that random apple update scans used to bugger my game a bit, so I disabled it in msconfig. Im sure the likes of Flash/Adobe/Java/Windows updaters can always decide to kick in at the worst times.

Sure your PC isnt running a scan / update / fetching emails, or some other process behind the scenes which is stealing processing power from your game and reducing the FPS at random intervals?

I know that random apple update scans used to bugger my game a bit, so I disabled it in msconfig. Im sure the likes of Flash/Adobe/Java/Windows updaters can always decide to kick in at the worst times.

Before my last race this morning I have disabled antivirus and run the PC in a turbo mode with most of the programs deactivated. Nothing had be improved. The same problems.

I have the exactly the same gfx card as yours and I monitor my fps, gpu temp and fan speed using msi afterburner. I have a steady 60fps (v-sync on) and gpu temp of 54-56deg C. Then after months of playing I noticed that my gpu temp is much higher than usual reaching 58-60deg C and fps drops to 53-55 in some parts of the track(not entirely though). I have read a post here in RD about losing fps and someone suggested to take out the gfx card and just clean it, so i did do that and noticed that my gfx card was full of dust. After cleaning and mounting it back my gpu temp is back to usual 54-55deg and I get a steady 60 fps. I've been doing this for about three times up to now and seems to resolve my performance loss everytime. It really does make sense when your gpu is full of dust it will heat up more and surely you'll loose performance. Hope this helps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back