Little help please

M cockpit view is skewed to the left, can"t seem to center it, Used to play Rfactor a long time ago, league folded and I lost desire to race.
I decided to try again after 7 years and so far am not impressed with RF2 if I can't even drive the dang thing.
Any help would be appreciated
I bought it on Steam if that explains anything

TY

I experienced this same problem after i changed from a G25 to a new Thrustmaster TS-XW. I deleted my old Controller JSON from my "player" directory located in the UserData directory and setup all my wheel controller settings again but the issue eventually returned so if my memory serves me correctly i went into "Options" , Controls then Camera. Now i removed all the "Look" and Cam camera settings (empty) except for CAM Zoom In and Out. After removing these settings my problem never returned. Not sure if i remembered every setting removed so atleast you know where to start.

I experienced this same problem after i changed from a G25 to a new Thrustmaster TS-XW. I deleted my old Controller JSON from my "player" directory located in the UserData directory and setup all my wheel controller settings again but the issue eventually returned so if my memory serves me correctly i went into "Options" , Controls then Camera. Now i removed all the "Look" and Cam camera settings (empty) except for CAM Zoom In and Out. After removing these settings my problem never returned. Not sure if i remembered every setting removed so atleast you know where to start.
Thanks for the reply Ace, tried what you suggested, no joy, I also have the TS-XW racer, updated the firmware, still no joy.
Guess I'll have to dig a little further.
Thanks Ace

Thanks for the reply Ace, tried what you suggested, no joy, I also have the TS-XW racer, updated the firmware, still no joy.
Guess I'll have to dig a little further.
Thanks Ace
Since we both use the same wheels i decided to replicate this issue we both are experiencing so i completely deleted my UserData directory and did a integrity check then started up the rF2 Launcher and used the "Detect" which installed the wheel profile "Thrustermaster TS-XW Racer". Then loaded up a track and i immediately experienced the cockpit view looking far left and also the seat position automatically moved full forward when i went into my car. So, no doubt the profile for our wheel is bugged and could have happened with new wheel updates which rendered it into this present problem.

Solution:
I deleted my whole "UserData" directory but this time i didn't do a integrity check because when we start up the rF2 Launcher and proceed into the game it will automatically make a new UserData directory minus the different wheel profiles but we won't need a preset wheel profile as we will make our own since our wheel profile is bugged. "Don't" click on the "Detect" as we will do all the wheel settings manually so start off with clicking on your "LEFT" Steering and turn your wheel left, then same for "RIGHT" Steering. Now, do your "Throttle", "Brake", Clutch, then Shift Up, Shift Down. Now "Save" and Name your new Profile. You can do any additional settings with the same profile once you know your basic wheel settings are working correctly so load up a track and see if your issue has been resolved. Good luck and let me know if this works as well as it did for me? :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Thanks Durge, ran thru all the profiles, only one that was screwed up was the one for my particular wheel, TS-XW Racer, all the others were correct.
Finally got it solved with Ace Kings help, his trick worked
your tip helped narrow it down for me though, Thanks again

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes