• "Mwoah" - Kimi Räikkönen
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

[Linux/0.54beta1] Controller detection problem

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Rallymen007, May 19, 2010.

1. Rallymen007

Rallymen007

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I've just downloaded Racer for Linux (the last beta released) and it fails to detect my controller (a Dualshock plugged in a BigBen adaptator).

Here's the relevant line (I think) of the QLog:
    Code:
    Wed May 19 08:50:25 (WARN ): [racer/21079] QDXJoy: can't create/find joystick #0
    I'm using Ubuntu 10.04. Controller is detected by the OS ("cat /dev/input/js0" returns symbols changing when I move analog sticks).

Any help ?
    Thanks in advance,

Rallymen007

2. You sort of said it yourself :) The linux kernel and udev creates the device as /dev/input/js0 while racer expects to find a /dev/js0. Just do a symbolic link (in your startup scripts if you want it permanent - for example /etc/rc.local):

ln -s /dev/input/js0 /dev/js0

That's the "hackish" way to do it. A best would be to fix racer, second best to configure udev to create the device as /dev/js0 - but that might break other stuff depending on /dev/input/js0.

3. R110

R110

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you, Lars!
    I`ve got a thrustmaster wheel with clutch, and it didn`t work, but after copying a link jso to /dev it WORKED.