1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Lighting

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by Technician, May 24, 2009.

1. Technician

Technician

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Im trying to bring some different lights in the BTB, so that there's a bit more variety on the style. However I am having great difficulty.

I've read the small explanation that was posted on here, but I cant get the buggers to work. I'd greatly appreciate some help from the forum on this.

I have to admit that this is driving me mad, i've spent probably the best part of 8 hours trying to get the lights to work!!!! Please someone help.

Once I can create one I'd gladly do some light 'borrowing' to make an Xpack for us all.

Rock on,
    Steven

2. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    what lights, startlights, or street lamp lights.what game rfactor,gtr2,gtl,evo?.

3. Technician

Technician

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to clarify, Im talking about trackside lighting. And in BTB-PRO with rFactor.

4. banger

banger

Ratings:
    +32
    trackside light needs to be in 3 parts. the post, the lamp, and the onmi (the light itself). it quite hard to do.

the onmi, but has said it quite a task to do without 3dmax.

5. Technician

Technician

Ratings:
    +0
    Ideally I want to know the Xpacker process for it.

Using 3dsimed I've borrowed a light I want from a track, it consists of a post, a lamp head and a glow. I just cant see how to get the bugger to work in Xpacker - I can get the object to be there no problem, but it just fails to be a light. Even after setting the glow as a lightglow etc...

There seems to be some part of the process that im missing.

Rock on,
    Steven

6. chub_pearson

chub_pearson

Ratings:
    +2
    There's a Light and Post in the default XPack. If you unpack the XPack and have a look at the light's settings in XPacker you might see what you need to change in your one to make it work.

7. Technician

Technician

Ratings:
    +0
    I have unpacked the default one and I cant find what im doing differently.

I have big plans for how I want to light my track (nice mood colours on some objects) but I've hit a wall as it were.

Rock on,
    steven