Tracks Lidar data for Japanese tracks

CaptainLykaios

Giga Kubica
Anybody around may have any links to possible websites that may have Lidar data of Japanese tracks mainly Twin Ring Motegi and Suzuka.

And any lidar data for other race tracks/countries.

Trying to build a collection for future projects.

Last edited:
Data for Japan is tricky, while you can get 5M DEM data for the entire country (one of the first links when you google), getting access to anything of higher precision is nearly impossible.

Fuji = Google 3D (photogrammetry), easy to extract

Suzuka = Apple 3D (photogrammetry), only able to extract via MacOS

Motegi = no known data available. However… Mitja‘s Twin Ring is claimed to be built on accurate data.

Anyways… that’s what I know. My strengths are for North American data acquisition :)

Data for Japan is tricky, while you can get 5M DEM data for the entire country (one of the first links when you google), getting access to anything of higher precision is nearly impossible.

Fuji = Google 3D (photogrammetry), easy to extract

Suzuka = Apple 3D (photogrammetry), only able to extract via MacOS

Motegi = no known data available. However… Mitja‘s Twin Ring is claimed to be built on accurate data.

Anyways… that’s what I know. My strengths are for North American data acquisition :)
Yeah the Twin Ring is the one I am most interested in, one of my favourite tracks and definitely one most omitted from a lot of simulators.

And didnt even know you could extract 3D data from Google 3D. That will be very helpfull.

I can see why Twin Ring is harder. Data seems to be way poorer in resolution than in Fuji Speedway. Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it after few other projects I have in mind.

Yeah the Twin Ring is the one I am most interested in, one of my favourite tracks and definitely one most omitted from a lot of simulators.

And didnt even know you could extract 3D data from Google 3D. That will be very helpfull.

I can see why Twin Ring is harder. Data seems to be way poorer in resolution than in Fuji Speedway. Though I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try it after few other projects I have in mind.
But Twin is already built? Sold by URD for a few dollars. And apparently there’s an unofficial patch to fix its issues out in the wild…

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back