Lewis Hamilton Larbalestier

Heads up, Hamilton's first win in 2009 was at Hungaroring when the team finally brought a lot of updates to fix their car and after that he just had a competitive car again to win more races.

How can people compare the two. different circuit and different cars. perhaps the torro rosso suited monza better than a rubbish mclaren suited the initial circuits in 2009. Also, Brawn and Redbull were in a league of their own that season.

Why do you even quote my post? I just gave a heads up....

with manolis stating that lewis won even when he didn't have the best car (and vettel's car wasn't so bad)...you gave the heads up that lewis had had upgrades. this would suggest or seem as though after the upgrades, he had a better car than vettel or just a really good car. no offence but i think he had a dog of a car in 2009.

2009 can be split into 2 parts regarding the MP4-24: First part was from Australia to GB when the car was a dog (three-wheeling, not enough downforce, terrible handling etc.)

2nd part was from Germany to the end of the season when Lewis scored the biggest amount of points compared to the rest of the field (and let's not forget about Valencia, where once again McLaren screwed him over in the pits and Abu Dhabi where he was leading until a braking-failure caused a DNF).

In my opinion, with the updates being brought in Germany 2009, the MP4-24 was probably the quickest car in the 2nd half of the season.

Regarding Vettel and his win at Monza 2008: His drive was amazing but let's not forget about a few things:

The Toro Rosso was a decent car, especially in the wet. Even a mediocre driver like Bourdais was on course for good points and started 4th in Monza, but the difference to Vettel was that Bourdais was quite unlucky back in 2008. He was on course for a 4th place in Australia when his car let him down, he was on course for a podium in Belgium when the conditions ruined his race and in Monza he stalled the engine if I remember correctly. The STR3 was the best Toro Rosso build so far.

Well offense taken.....
Up until the Hungaroring GP he had a bad car but from the GP of Hungaroring, he had a good car other wise he wouldn't be achieving 4 poles, 2 wins and 3 podiums....
Let's also add up the fact that he would have finished 3rd in the Australian GP if his team didn't screw him over with the order that he received to let Trulli pass under the safety car on the final laps...

Let's also makes things more complicated...
Hamilton's poles equal Vettel's poles in 2009, while Hamilton has 2 wins less then Vettel and he also has 1 podium less then Vettel...
So did he have a dog of a car, the correct answer is NO!

I'm going go be completely honest with you Georgios...
If I've stated that no offence was intended (as you seemed to take someone disagreeing with you personally), then...I couldn't really care less if you say you're offended. If you're going to cry like a baby because someone disagrees with you, you don't merit worrying about in my book. Actually, I am "deeply offended" by your tone and struggling to hold back the tears. Come on, grow a pair.

Enough of the "poor me" agenda... poles and race wins don't mean that a car is "good" and what you mean by good might not be what I mean by "good". My argument is that hamilton can win in an average or even possibly, a dog of a car. his car was not the best car. brawn and redbull were a long way ahead. redbull had over double the points of mclaren over the season and...do you know where kovalainen finished in his last 3 races? 11th, 12th then 11th. He is a good driver but came nowhere near Lewis.vettel has dominated ever since...he has had the best car. however, regardless of the number of times vettel wins the title, he will never be seen as the greatest until he proves that he can win in anything less than the best car or without exceptional circumstances going in his favour.

the correct answer for you is not the correct answer for me. accept that others have differing opinons and don't spit your dummy out because i strongly disagree with you. i haven't changed my opinion since reading your comments. stick with yours if it keeps you happy.

Well first of all, saying "no offense" in the manner that Andrew did is already offensive and rude....

And secondly, Andrew Ford , you are one big idiot to go insult people like that due your assumptions about "crying like a baby" and "grow some balls"....
Seriously, learn some manners....

First of all, saying "no offense in the manner I did"...shows your naivety as we all know that through text, it is hard to "know" the manner something was said. So really, you're "assuming".

Secondly, you just showed yourself as a hyprocrit by saying I assume things and calling me "one big idiot". It's called "shooting yourself in the foot" and I will let others decide what to think of you. Rather than retaliate with petty name calling or reporting your inappropriate post on the forum, I will once again remind you that your thoughts are insignificant to me.

:thumbsup: Peace out.

Please Please don't say Lewis Hamillton is the 1st Dark driver in F1 as its not true. Willy T ribs tested a Tyrell but was not fast enough. Quoted F1 as racist and white dominated.
I have seen pics of Aguri Suzuki and he was not white. Nor are the Indian Drivers Narian Kartheykeyan and Kurun Chandock. So Narian was the 1st Dark skin toned or maybe Aguri Suzuki or relation Toshio Suzuki who had some Larrouse drives in 1993.
Hamillton is the 1st Dark Champion as he has had the most speed and better cars. The others fought in the middle and back and where out of the media eye.

Does it really matter?
A driver is a driver, if they can become role-models of someone of the same skin colour, sex or sexual orientation, that¨'s a nice thing. But it doesn't really matter.

Though, there has been some time since Mike Beuttler!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.