League interest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple choice poll!!

just to check what is the interest for possible leagues before we go too far ahead

options:

1. MX5 45 minutes races every Saturday around 19:00 GMT 12 weeks/3 drop weeks

wip schedule:

date track
21.01.2012 Oulton Park Circuit - International
28.01.2012 Okayama International Circuit - Full Course
04.02.2012 Watkins Glen International - Classic Boot
11.02.2012 Summit Point Raceway - Summit Point Raceway
18.02.2012 Mosport International Raceway
25.02.2012 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - GP Pits
03.03.2012 Road Atlanta - Full Course
10.03.2012 Phillip Island - Phillip Island Circuit
17.03.2012 Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course Night
24.03.2012 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full
31.03.2012 Virginia International Raceway - Full Course
07.04.2012 Sebring International Raceway - Int Night

2. MultiClass 2 cars 60 minutes races (open poll) every other Sunday around 19:00 GMT 12 weeks/3 drop weeks

wip schedule:

date track
22.01.2012 Daytona International Speedway - Road
05.02.2012 Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course - Full
19.02.2012 Road America - Full Course
04.03.2012 Barber Motorsports Park - Full Course
18.03.2012 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - GP Pits
01.04.2012 Homestead Miami Speedway - Road Course A
15.04.2012 Sebring International Raceway - Int
29.04.2012 Virginia International Raceway - Full Course
13.05.2012 Phillip Island - Phillip Island Circuit
27.05.2012 Indianapolis Motor Speedway - Road Course
10.06.2012 Watkins Glen International - Boot
24.06.2012 Infineon Raceway - Long

3. Indy Road/Oval 60 minutes races every other Sunday around 19:00 GMT 12 weeks/2+2 drop weeks

wip schedule:

date track
29.01.2012 Road Atlanta
12.02.2012 Michigan
26.02.2012 Philip Island
11.03.2012 Indianapolis
25.03.2012 Spa
08.04.2012 Pocono
22.04.2012 Zandvoort
06.05.2012 Texas
20.05.2012 Suzuka GP
03.06.2012 Charlotte
17.06.2012 Road America
01.07.2012 Phoenix

Sat or sunday work equally well,

Clear and overwheming vote for Indy mixed oval.road league

Luke warm vote for multiclass but could be fun.

Vote of no confidence for further MX5 leagues, There seems little additional value in running MX5 leagues while all of us have a good deal of purchased content gathering dust in the pits because RD provides no means to for us to use them in RD events.

Sat or sunday work equally well,

Clear and overwheming vote for Indy mixed oval.road league

Luke warm vote for multiclass but could be fun.

Vote of no confidence for further MX5 leagues, There seems little additional value in running MX5 leagues while all of us have a good deal of purchased content gathering dust in the pits because RD provides no means to for us to use them in RD events.
You have content gathering dust and blame RD for it not getting used. Seriously? Why did you purchase it in the first place then?

You could always run it on iRacing. Just seems a little low blaming RD for you not using it.

RD have proved alternatives to MX-5 in the past, but the numbers of racers turning up week on week always drop drastically during a season, so think yourself lucky the guys are even bothering to offer up these three options in 2012.

You have content gathering dust and blame RD for it not getting used. Seriously? Why did you purchase it in the first place then?

You could always run it on iRacing. Just seems a little low blaming RD for you not using it.

RD have proved alternatives to MX-5 in the past, but the numbers of racers turning up week on week always drop drastically during a season, so think yourself lucky the guys are even bothering to offer up these three options in 2012.

Please wait a minute Daz. I do think myself very fortunate to have the dedicated staff at RD and am grateful for all the uncompensated hard work they do to make RD the best simracing community in the world.

This is a thread asking for input and I gave my sincere opinion. You are absolutely right, I can run the other content on iRacing. However, running random races with random people who regardless of the safety rating have random driving behaviors lacks the "esprit de corps" and fulfillment of running at RD. It is my opinion that it would be nice to see a wider variety of iRacing options offered.

I am very sorry that you took offense to my input as that was not the intent.

My apologies Bob, I didn't mean to come over all mightier than thou and for my post to sound as aggressive as it might have. I think it was the 'gathering dust and RD not providing' that lit my fuse, lol.

I'm sure the RD guys will try and provide us with the opportunity to use plenty of the content we have. Lets just hope the community show them the support they deserve and get the grids bulging with cars to make it all worthwhile.

Happy 2012 one and all.

It looks to me like signups aren't as plentiful as they have been - personally I'm scaling back and will be signing up only for the Indy and iLMS leagues when/if they happen - but:

Maybe some more external advertising would be warranted - specifically in the iRacing forums and on the minisite they have set up for leagues - get the word out and get some new ppl here to sign up and drive along side our regular veterans... Even mention on the front page of RD - which was done for MX-5 S2 but I dont think for S3 or for MC.

well I am not much of PR person hehe, but was planning to do some advertising last 10 days for signups in iR forum, was hoping for more regulars from RD first and didn´t want to fill up grids to quickly (if that is possible at all :rolleyes:)

btw, League interest poll shows that there won´t be Indy League anytime soon, unfortunatelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back