Le Mans Classics for Power and Glory 1.0.1

I have tried this mod with the Power and Glory mod and, while the cars look amazing, they are not competitive with the Power and Glory cars. Or I should say the LMC cars are way faster than the 60s prototypes from the Power and Glory mod.

I read in a thread that a specific version of the LMC mod for Power and Glory was released to make them more competitive. Does anyone know if a specific version to make them P&G compatible exist or are the LMC cars simply faster by design?

Which cars are you comparing? On which tracks? Are you driving each car? Or watching the AI?

I take the default P&G cars as the standard, so much research was done on them.

Also, as with default GTR2, poor or missing talent files can make a world of difference; and you should not have multiple talent files for the same driver (filename doesn't matter, location doesn't matter, the sim reads the name in the file, wherever it finds a file). If you are driving each car yourself for comparison this is irrelevant.

I looked and I have the 1.01 version for GTR 2, it doesn't say for P&G. The mod comes with the following cars:
Ferrari 330 P3/4
Ferrari 412P
Ford Mk.IV
Porsche 907K
Porsche 907LH
Porsche 908K
Porsche 908LH
Porsche 917K (1969)
Porsche 917L (1969)

All these cars significantly outperforms the 60s prototypes from the P&G mod, both when driving myself and/or for the AI. Even the fastest cars from the P&G such as the 1969 Ford GT MK1 or the MK2 have no no chance against the LMC cars.

It is mentioned in several threads that another version of the LMC mod is available and is P&G compatible. It is supposed to be integrated with the P&G cars and be more even in terms of performance. Unfortunately the website http://simgarage.nolimit.cz/ no longer exist which is where this version is supposed to be at.

LeMans is a multiclass race, but the LMC mod only represents the top class, so the Ford GT would be the only real competitor here. But P&G models the MkI (289) and MkII (early 427), LMC models the MkIV (last production model, more aerodynamic, lighter weight, and more powerful engine; fwiw, Ford planned to use the 427SOHC engine in 1970, capable of nearly 1000hp in "stock" form, the FIA tucked tail and ran, lowering max displacement rules and effectively outlawing the 427 engines; Ford walked away, their GTs basically unbeaten).

The Cobra 427, Daytona Coupe, and big block Vettes had the power but not the top speed or handling; the rest of the P&G cars, even the purpose built race cars, are essentially hopped up street cars, whereas the LMC represents full bore race prototypes. They could all have competed at LeMans but not directly against each other.

I toyed with this mod a few years ago but found the handling of some cars, particularly the Ferraris, a bit ...."quirky". Use it as a stand alone mod for "best of the best" races, or set up multiclass races with the P&G cars.

I looked and I have the 1.01 version for GTR 2, it doesn't say for P&G. The mod comes with the following cars:
Ferrari 330 P3/4
Ferrari 412P
Ford Mk.IV
Porsche 907K
Porsche 907LH
Porsche 908K
Porsche 908LH
Porsche 917K (1969)
Porsche 917L (1969)

All these cars significantly outperforms the 60s prototypes from the P&G mod, both when driving myself and/or for the AI. Even the fastest cars from the P&G such as the 1969 Ford GT MK1 or the MK2 have no no chance against the LMC cars.

It is mentioned in several threads that another version of the LMC mod is available and is P&G compatible. It is supposed to be integrated with the P&G cars and be more even in terms of performance. Unfortunately the website http://simgarage.nolimit.cz/ no longer exist which is where this version is supposed to be at.
The LMC mod for Power and Glory is available at http://www.festbierbude.de/component/option,com_gtrreporter/Itemid,46/lang,en/?option=com_gtrreporter&Itemid=46&class=FBB+LE+MANS+CLASSICS&vehicle=*&limit=100 (you need to register). However, the physics of both mods are not really comparable, e.g. the grip levels of the LMC car tyres are much higher than the P&G tyres.
You can use the P&G tyres but it will take quite some trial and error to find the right combo. I would suggest to start with the '66 GT40 Dunlop tyres for the 907s, 908s and the Ferraris, the '69 GT40 Dunlop tyres for the 917s and the '66 GT40 MkII Firestone tyre for the MkIV

Last edited:
Ok, thanks alot for the replies.
I figured, and it makes sense, that the MkIV is faster than both the MkI (289) and MkII (early 427) but the difference seemed a bit too extreme in my opinion. I also thought the Ferrari 330 P3/4 would be somewhat even with the MkII (early 427).

It is proably also due to what Chris mention with the different physics and tyres from the mods. I could maybe try tinkering with the tyres then and see or just use a different class for them.

I considered P&G to be pretty much a masterpiece, and yea the physics and sounds in the LMC mod isn't as good as the P&G standard imo. Visually though it is a 10/10.

You will notice the LMC cars have 10%-15% more grip than the P&G, but they are representing later cars. The LMC weights and power ratings are "in the ballpark" (these cars were raced for several years, you will find differing stats depending on exactly which year/car is being discussed ...and factory/team figures for power are usually sandbagging; for example Ford said the MkII had 480hp but contemporary reports place it in the 550-575hp range).

It is with the stats for which we have no hard data that inconsistencies creep in. The easiest is drag. Take the cars to a period rendition of Lemans and note their top speeds, if they are too fast increase the drag in the hdc file just a hair and try again (a 0.01 change can make a noticeable difference). If the handling is too "twitchy" lower the base values for springs and shocks, this is all trial-and-error; even knowing the "correct" values for the car today wouldn't help because they have been set up for whatever tires they now use and for today's smoother tracks.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back