Latest Win 10 Creator Update kills rFactor 2

Paco572

The George Stanley Band
Updated Win 10 today to Creator feature update, saw 50% decrease in SLI setup in rFactor 2, frame stuttering "severe", no ALT+TAB would fix it, had to revert to older version of WIN 10, system restore "no go", disable Windows Update in services, mandatory , WIN 10 is toast. at this point. Only after back tracking to "previous version of WIN10" as a back up was I able to get things back to normal. Running 388.31 nVidia drivers now so it wasn't the drivers yet the creator update killed the previous video drivers, WARNING. Anybody else?

I'd say "cheers" but been solving this now for 5 hours after "Just wanting to watch a replay for a few minutes."

Succumbed to a heart failure.
PACO572

Last edited:
I've been getting over 360FPS in car views with SLI, here are my Specs. the crators update took 45% off. I suggest you enable Steam FPS to double check. before and after. If I'm wrong,
OK
------------

System Specs: MSI Z270 Krait Gaming Mother board A.50 BIOS, intel i7700k @ 4.2mhz, 4.5mhz turbo, 32 GIG G-Skill 3866mhz DDR 4, OS Win 10 Home, 64bit on Dedicated 256 gig M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Games Dedicated drive 1TB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Apps on WD 1 TB SATA III SSD. Video 2x Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti-11G in HB SLI water cooled. Monitor, 27" ASUS (PG278QR) 1ms, 2560X1440- 165MHZ- G-Sync off, vsync off.

Cheers ;)

I've been getting over 360FPS in car views with SLI, here are my Specs. the crators update took 45% off. I suggest you enable Steam FPS to double check. before and after. If I'm wrong,
OK
------------

System Specs: MSI Z270 Krait Gaming Mother board A.50 BIOS, intel i7700k @ 4.2mhz, 4.5mhz turbo, 32 GIG G-Skill 3866mhz DDR 4, OS Win 10 Home, 64bit on Dedicated 256 gig M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Games Dedicated drive 1TB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro SSD nVme, Apps on WD 1 TB SATA III SSD. Video 2x Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti-11G in HB SLI water cooled. Monitor, 27" ASUS (PG278QR) 1ms, 2560X1440- 165MHZ- G-Sync off, vsync off.

Cheers ;)

You must always disable SLI when updating drivers. Download DDU from this link https://forums.geforce.com/default/...or-new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-11-01-2017-/ and do clean install of Nvidia driver and you are get lost performance and fps back.
:thumbsup:

Hasn't been a problem for me, but I'm not using troublesome SLI.

Your statement surprises me a bit. I would never imagine that you would have any major problems to manage SLI even in rFactor 2 which is lacking SLI support. Don`t believe all those negative statements you read about SLI it is huge performance improvement when you first learn how to mange your system ;)

You must always disable SLI when updating drivers. Download DDU from this link https://forums.geforce.com/default/...or-new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-11-01-2017-/ and do clean install of Nvidia driver and you are get lost performance and fps back.
:thumbsup:
Hello Ari, nice to here from you again,
I got my FPS back but only after forcing windows to a previous version of WIN10. Microsofts Fall 1709 creators update killed the video drivers. I did a fresh install of video drivers, first the latest ones, that didn't work, got poor FPS then I installed older drivers, and bad FPS again. As I mentioned, it was only after forcing windows to a previous version of WIN10 and re-installed the latest driver did the system finally respond as it should. Have you updated to the new creators update from Microsoft for Win 10? It's like 10 gig, I think it's a complete rewrite of the OS. Just wondering.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Yes i have updated long time a go to creators update. I think there are some cache files in windows which are not deleted when installing creators update. I used DDU option to install new graphics card and did not experience any problems with creators update.

Yes i have updated long time a go to creators update. I think there are some cache files in windows which are not deleted when installing creators update. I used DDU option to install new graphics card and did not experience any problems with creators update.
The fall creators update was only just released in the last 10 days or so. v1709. Are we talking about the same update?

Cheers :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back