PC1 Latest Build testing.

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
As you all know, Ian gave me a free pass to test the latest builds and that's what I have been doing for the last week. I will report here as and when I see fit to tell all about my findings.

But I will say that the latest build (296) is quite good. Now lets make some sense of my statement. I used a Lotus 98T in helmet cam using my antique MOMO red wheel and I can honestly report it is coming along much better than I anticipated. The actual feel and immersion is damn fine at this point. The handling is strange at first compared to say...RF2 and FVA, but it grows on you within minutes. At this point in time, this actual car feels good. I like it and I love the Milan circuit. The damage model has come on leaps and bounds.

I am doing some more testing all of next week using a G27 and I will also test some of the other cars that don't interest me as much (I am a F1 nut) and see how the feel in comparison to Shift 2, because that is what I was initially comparing PCars to.

I would like the replay function to have a directors mode though. Something that jumps from action to action and from car to car.

Aside from that, the replay's do crash my PC quite often but I understand that is being looked at.

Watch this space.

You'll buy it for the looks, the replays if not for the gameplay. When it is on sale, it will be a worthy purchase for these things alone. In my opinion.

Seriously, once they have ironed out a few things, this will probably be a good fun go to game when you fancy a quick race against the AI. For multiplayer, it will depend on how they police the servers, but I fear without some sort of rating for safe and fair racing like Iracing has, then it will be a crash fest. Club and league racing on Race Department might be brilliant though.

I will never buy it for the looks or replays, what matter for me most are the physics, also AI is not interesting to me, only MP league racing, that's where i spend my hobby time on...

Whilst I am currently off work (due to a trackday injury) I have found the time to do testing of Pcars and some of the other current race sims.

When I compare (as I do) with other sims, it is how I see it and feel it right now.
I do see Pcars in competition with Assetto Corsa and to some degree, with RF2, GSCE and even Race 07, even GTR2 to be honest.
So when I report here and have comparisons to other games, it is because I am constantly testing them, doing races, private testing sessions etc.
So you will see other reports of mine on the relevant game forum page.

For example, I have been comparing Pcars to AC this week. Whilst Pcars is without doubt, smart looking with loads of content, at this present time I much prefer the handling, FFB and the physics of GSCE and AC. Ac in particular in comparison with Pcars is actually better looking in my opinion.
In particular, Assetto Corsa with it's various mods and tracks is getting very good indeed. Here I am at my beloved Donnington Park, having fun sliding the Ferrari 599 around. Love it. This is a superbly done track too.
Assetto Corsa
2014-09-24_00007_zps869f244e.jpg

2014-09-24_00014_zpscd64dc57.jpg

2014-09-24_00010_zps783ef483.jpg

2014-09-24_00016_zpsf0af7117.jpg

2014-09-24_00015_zps32a73c1c.jpg

2014-09-24_00011_zps66776a12.jpg

2014-09-24_00012_zpsbf735ba1.jpg

2014-09-23_00001_zps9ea313f8.jpg

Last edited:
I will never buy it for the looks or replays, what matter for me most are the physics, also AI is not interesting to me, only MP league racing, that's where i spend my hobby time on...

That's fair enough Rui. I think the physics are relatively quite good in Pcars, but you will have to try it for yourself one day.
:thumbsup:

Can you tell me your PC specs please?

Intel Core i5 4670k over clocked to 4.4ghz.
MSI Gaming motherboard
MSI GTX770 overclocked graphics card. (2gig)
16gb ram
Watercooled cooler master system box
Windows 7 Professional.
27" led screen.
Logitech Momo.

Pretty basic these days, but it serves me well and runs everything I throw at it. Why do you want to know any way?

I'm not talking about 4K, just asking how the game performs with AI on his machine with single monitor...

Thanks for the Physics information Pedro ;) Nothing i wouldn't suspect, now i have 2 reasons to not buying it, "Physics and heavy Graphics" lol...

I'm getting smooth frame rate with 20 cars at many tracks but not all. I really don't bother looking at FPS as long as my game is smooth. The latest build is a bit more choppy than previous though. Hopefully they will be optimising it before release.

Hey guys,

Forgive what may be a stupid question, but a bunch of console users who don't have access to pCARS at the moment see various videos and are mindful about what you say re: testing, but it's hard to judge changing conditions sometimes. I've not heard much about it discussed. This video for instance:

It looks like the driver does not have to change his tires to wet, and it also looks like there is little if any time loss in the wet. Is this true? Just wondering what your experience is. Thanks.

@Robert. I can confirm that variable weather works very well and that you really do need to change the tyres. If you have watched the whole video you will see that he loses grip a lot, starts to short shift and has more slides. He drives a lot slower too later on.

@Robert. I can confirm that variable weather works very well and that you really do need to change the tyres. If you have watched the whole video you will see that he loses grip a lot, starts to short shift and has more slides. He drives a lot slower too later on.
Thanks Andy. So, this guy should have changed his tires but didn't? I did notice your points about downshifting and some sliding, but with slicks, this car should be practically un-drivable on a wet surface.

Thanks Andy. So, this guy should have changed his tires but didn't? I did notice your points about downshifting and some sliding, but with slicks, this car should be practically un-drivable on a wet surface.

Trust me. I just drove a 10 lap race of Spa starting in the dry and it went to full rain. I slid off and crashed. Then nothing but sliding about. Unfortunetly I could not change the tyres becasue the pitstop isn't working in the current build. :rolleyes::)

The weather effects are quite nice and the rain has good effect on traction although, there are some inconsistencies with the timing of grip vs. how wet the track looks. That is a known issue and should be getting attention soon.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.