Laptimes of other drivers

Sometimes, I may think I am driving as fast as is possible, but when I see other driver's laptimes, I realize I'm not even close.

Raceroom has their leaderboard. I can look to see whether I am competitive in laptimes.

1) Is there any place in AMS that can show me laptimes of other drivers? I went through the manual, but didn't see anything on that topic.
2) Or do I just set AI to most difficult level to see what laptimes are achievable for any particular track?

Darn, that's too bad! Most my real life competitions/driving are only timed. Owell :)

Just to add in a different opinion, on some "simcade" type games just hotlapping or a time trial may be the best simulation you can get from it. Think older gt series, the physics were, well okay for the time, but the ai was not simulating racing for the most part. But you could run laps by yourself or time trial and the car sort of did what it should.

I mean AMS TT; this thing without fuel consumption and i guess without tyre wear, there is nothing real about it :)

TT's are only useful for learning the track and car whist having a target to go up against. TT and actual racing are two separate entities and require a different skill set. I have been at the top of many leaderboards over the years, but I still get beaten easily on race days. Until you race with good sim-racers you will never realise how much difference there is between the two. Forget about being FAST (this wont win races alone) and concentrate on actual racing. :D

What I don't understand is why people are seeking to judge the validity of TT vs. racing. Its just another stupid war between groups of people who enjoy simming for one reason or another.

There are lots of people out there who only hotlap and TT is a competitive way for them to enjoy driving against other people without going onto servers or dabbling with the AI. If you look at the weekly TT thread that's cropped up you can see that people are being social over it, discussing set ups, talking about the track, so its actually something involving the community.

What's there to be a snob about? We need TT lovers to admit they're inferior simmers because they don't race online with the real virtual petrol heads? Bosh! Flimshaw!

To be fair I love TT just as much as I do actual races. Its nothing to do with which is better, or who is better.....If someone loves TT only, then go for it:D A driver like the OP shouldn't be afraid of TT times if he/she wishes to partake in an online race. I myself play A.I more than I race online. Not being a snob (I hope not) Just don't let fast TT times put you off other parts of a game :D

I used to really like time trials and just hot lapping by myself. I haven't gotten too excited about these yet, but I am quite glad they are available. Starting next month and for the rest if the year I will be able to do very few online races, but this will give me a chance to compete with other people still.

Also keep in mind that the track limits may be different in the time trials so in online races the times may be just a touch slower anyways. Plus, there will always be someone faster and someone slower, no matter what one's pace is. It is another way to have fun, so I'm all for it.

yes thats right im 10 seconds off the pace in r3e and 4/5/6 seconds off in ams and im scared to race so that makes me a trouble making dissapearing drama queen but then if thats the attitude of online racers im glad i dont bother
im a mile away from everyone, probably you included, but i race for me, every person i race with helps me, but sometimes i just gotta do laps, and then more laps. my goal is simply to finish. i still love it.

Same situation here with the F Retro in Interlagos GP 76. Nobody set a laptime there (strangely, it's an awsome combo), so I'm the fastest. :roflmao: But I will try to improve my time there anyway, since I just did a couple of laps.
Alright at least you have an opponent now :D Not sure how much time i need to get familiar to this track . In fact i never play most of AMS tracks before.

Is this Interlagos GP 76 a mod track ?? I cant find it in game.
k3XlZvb.jpg

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back