Tracks Landsberg Rallye | Project:23

Playing with CSP and Masks. Looks like the plan will work out. 4 mask channels for
-gravel (no grass)
-grass
-wheat
-corn
I hope that is enough. For variations in grass i would need to add more materials, don't think it's worth the efford and GPU load. maybe we can try it later. Have a look at the proof of concept. So tonight i'll create masks and tweak textures, shaders and grassFX. ... The alpha channel is a funny dude. Then i guess we can have a testdrive?

Attachments

• CSP-masks.jpg
    CSP-masks.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
PETROLHEADS!!!
Time to sniff some virtual exhaust fumes! I am proud to share the actual state of LBR|Project:23 with you.
Download:
*outdated *LBR23 beta07.1
Feel free to join my brandnew Discord Server to meet up for testing and complain about this shitty version:
known issues: all
things to fix: too much
I will check out CSP trees next. (First i've learned: CSP can't handle enought trees to cover the surrounding forests :(, but on near trees we'll give it a try)
Somebody wants to create AI lines?
See you on the track!

Last edited:
Aaaaand here we go with the first hotfix. I had some GRASS meshes > 70000 triangles... noob. ksEditor didn't complain, but the physics engine doesn't like it. (was always falling through ground when missing first corner at WP1 2017) And there have been more spots... anyway now we have 500m tiling instead of 1000m. Everybody should be happy now. I've changed the links in previous posts to *outdated* LBR23 beta07.1. Have fun burning some dinosaurs on this track!

Last edited:
Hey, I tested the track yesterday and the main issues are the long loading time with RAM consumption up to 32GB. I sent the track to some mates, and they could even not start any of the track layouts. Is this a result of the lidar data?

Optical improvements could be better textures of the houses in the background, the rain ditch on the road with the T-Intersection seems on the part of the direction to the main road seems a bit out of place.

If you drive along and see roads in the far, when it's just ground texture, it looks strange. A simple modeled track would look far better.

On the ally with the trees, there is one Branch which sticks out to the road ... the same angle ... I didn't count, but I saw the same stick at least 5 times, gives some error in the matrix vibes. If you work on trees, maybe this will be fixed too.

The colors of the green, yellow sings like "Thurmgut" seems to be a bit too pale as far as I remember. But this could be a personal thing.

All in all a great track, where I'd like to spend some time with it. If I will be able to get it running on my friends PCs, there will be some time attacks or races.

I would love to see this track improving. If there is something for testing, contact me. If you drive on it, you know that It is your baby. Similar vibes like on Asperstham.

Great job

yeah the ram consumption is very bad, there's gotta be some kn5 or some objects that are from the previous version which already was bad at ram usage and loading times. It was reported long time ago when the first version was released. Should have started from scratch again or revisit previous kn5 files, because the track itself is really nice and you see longer rally tracks either by jcrr or superstage.net and they all load fast and look great.

Last edited:
Yo Dudes...
1st: Please don't comment on anything about the look (shaders and meshes) it's the first drivable version especially for you. I would never release something like this... but i am happy the list was short. you can't imagine... wait for it. ;)
2nd: the problem with RAM and loading time only occurs on some systems and i don't have any hint why. on my system RAM usage:
-with phsx.kn5: 13 GB
-without: 1.7 GB
So this is caused by the 1255 delineators (i love this word).
Conclusion: I'll export the physics without physics now. And we'll keep this for the release, 13 GB is too much. I'll give you the knockable objects as an optional download, so if you love to overrun everything like my son, you will be free to go :)

Last edited:
First export of my own treeit trees was successful. Now gettting warm with the 1 million parameters for a tree. Already like the meadow my dad planted many moons ago.

Attachments

• weide.jpg
    weide.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 54
yeah the ram consumption is very bad, there's gotta be some kn5 or some objects that are from the previous version which already was bad at ram usage and loading times. It was reported long time ago when the first version was released. Should have started from scratch again or revisit previous kn5 files, because the track itself is really nice and you see longer rally tracks either by jcrr or superstage.net and they all load fast and look great.
Check your replay settings, make sure they are not maxed out. This was the main culprit of runaway ram usage on the 2017 version. Once I lowered replay consumption to around 200MB max, it was no longer a problem.

This new beta loads fine for me with only around 2.5gb of RAM consumption.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back