Tracks Landsberg Rallye | Project:23

My fellow petrolheads!

You might have seen my creation Landsbergrally WP1.

In the past I sadly lost sight of my baby. But!!! In the last few years I was working on a lot of other tracks. For MONEY! YAY!
So I have gained some knowledge about LiDAR scans, track modding, blender in general and life. Therefore i fear I owe you an update, that includes ... uhm ... EVERYTHING!
So I've decited to create this post to share my ideas and progress on LBR-Project:23
If you have wishes i can include, or you have suggestions on whatever, feel free to share.

ACTUAL STATE:
-first public beta is available:
LBR23 beta07.2
-next: CSP trees

WHY I DO THIS:
- Landsberg is my baby
- there is better LiDAR data available now and I know how to handle it
- maybe find a way to finance Landsberg or related projects

WHAT I WANT TO DO (for now, this is my first try to write everything down):
- redo the whole ground including textures, LODs
- redo roads: I use the raw scan data (accuracy x/y: 0.05m, accuracy z: 0.02m) (less than a five thousandth of a football field) to reconstruct the surface on my own. This results in a mesh with a decent resolution to drive on and will be as close to reality as the data allows
- scalability: there are some more stages in this area, i need the ability to add parts easily
- use CSP for grass, trees, lights and more

awesome Software involved:
-Blender (and yepp i port the project to 2.9)
-CloudCompare
-meshlab
-QGIS

Last edited:
Here we go with all the ground (for now):
- 12x12 km
- 144 1x1 km tiles
- 9x 2k textures
- 127000 triangles
image.png

now doing asphalt details, so the cutout from high res driving mesh will be precise. after that, we'll be ready for the next testdrive to hopefully confirm the workflow. btw, the orthophoto you see in blender is 20cm/pixel and fits the ground 100%. i am baking my textures from this.
road_cut.jpg

now doing asphalt details, so the cutout from high res driving mesh will be precise. after that, we'll be ready for the next testdrive to hopefully confirm the workflow. btw, the orthophoto you see in blender is 20cm/pixel and fits the ground 100%. i am baking my textures from this.
yeah that's awesome ! im looking forward to the next steps you take! very helpful thank you, i will add this into my workflow. (still figuring that out haha) :)

yeah that's awesome ! im looking forward to the next steps you take! very helpful thank you, i will add this into my workflow. (still figuring that out haha) :)
yeah figuring out something that works "half automated" is tricky and really depends on the data. my next export to test will include complete WP1 2016. so we have 3 different road types + grass + haselbach sidewalks shizzl. to confirm noise filtering. i just had no time for the session and need to work for damn money. would you donate some bugs if i'd create a twitch channel around this? "we love open data thuringia!" or "is it possible to build whole thuringia in assetto corsa?" lol

wow nice! I really loved this track, I'm ready to make some cameras for it when it's ready. Just hit me up on discord.
i was thinking of you when i checked the latest changes (your camera) on the last version. nice you found the way on your own. welcome onboard! i fear i'll arrange a "public" testdrive for next major export.

yo the racers are checking the latest export prototye. i told them to stay save in public traffic. but i think we are pretty good already. let's see. :)

finally L2625 road is done. i have some freetime! all roads and curbs will be shrikwrapped to the final version of high res mesh, which is computed seperately because of only 64 GB RAM. höhö.

Attachments

• thurmroad.jpg
    thurmroad.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 54
  • highres.jpg
    highres.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No