Resource icon

Tracks Laguna Seca 1.20

Login or Register an account to download this content
I noticed in the race broadcast for the 1998 race here that CART didn't use the full pit exit but abbreviated it by merging into track before the Andretti Hairpin.

Is it too optimistic to hope for a version specific to CART where that pit exit is used? :p

Is it possible to mask the copy/paste sand textures a bit better ?

1zqdezo.jpg

How about the shimmering curbs ? Can i smooth out thees ? Textures are at full and x4 AF.

2hrpbpg.jpg

Great track overall, though. :thumbsup: Cheers.

for sand I doubt. I did not use the 3rd texture for gravel (would not fit well), so I suppose it added a bit of copy/paste effect. Can happen with tarmac too sometimes, even in stock tracks.
For the curb, I put them like this because they are really bright in real, with the sun angle can be like this I think. Anyway, if you want you can find th etextuire name, extract it from the .mas et lower brighhtness. Leave the etxture as loose file in track directory. DO you know how to do that?

Can happen with tarmac too sometimes, even in stock tracks.

Yeah, I know, I notice that a lot - tarmac, grass, sand...Looking back from the top of VIR esses, for example, it's all copy/paste grass patches. one of those disappointing things about AMS graphics.

Some other textures are also of disappointing quality or inconsistent. Tarmac and certain grass textures looks quite sharp and of high enough resolution, then there are others that are very poor resolution and ugly like smth from 2000. The smoke textures/effects worse than in SCE imo - often squares and obvious solid objects float in the air, the (white) smoke doesn't dissipate as well/nicely as in SCE. But that's another thread topic, sorry. Nothing to do with you... :)

DO you know how to do that?

Haha, no. :) Tell me how, please. Will it cause an online mismatch ?

Thank you

Use mas utility to extract the dds file (search on Google The software).
Edit It under Photoshop. Lower brightness.
Put The dds In The main track folder. No online mismatch for this.

You can edit all The tracks You want like this.

thats texture tiling. texture must be accordingly optimized to make it look seamless. not an easy thing to do with a single texture and srpl shaders

Last edited:
Patrick Giranthon updated Laguna Seca with a new update entry:

Single track package of Laguna Seca for AMS to syncronize with the MEGA pack v1.1

This is the same track version as found in the 23 track MEGA pack update v1.1 in a single track package.

Updated with AMS v1.2x AIW and TDF parametrers.
Improved UI track list cascade menu.
Track info details are corrected and up to AMS standard.
Accurate pit lane speed limits.
Support for the F-Truck diesel smoke effects.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Patrick Giranthon updated Laguna Seca with a new update entry:

Maintenance update

(Laguna_Seca_AMS_V1.2.7z) MD5 = C2EDD793B3FB495AB800B37E82B33802

A maintenance update for Laguna Seca to bring the AI up to the latest AMS standards. Fix the missing horizon ring. Fix some black curb and drain polys. Fix a hole in the track mesh at T5. Tweaks to the sun blending angles. Tweaks to the lighting colors. New loading screens and mini maps.

Special note :
It should be possible to overwrite an old version with this update.
However if you have any loading errors be sure to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

great track, but there are some hidden traps for the ai in open wheelers (not for the player) on curbs, which throw their car up in the air and make them land upside down. ;)

happens on the curbs on the inside of the two fast left handers before you drive up the hill to "corkscrew".

Last edited:
@mungopark which cars mate? It can be fixed in the HDV file quite easily. I'll fix it for you then show you how I did it so should you encounter this again you know. Certain tracks are just unavoidable...Patrick's Silverstone being one. Those huge kerbs simply act as launching pads with most F1 mods.

@mungopark which cars mate? It can be fixed in the HDV file quite easily. I'll fix it for you then show you how I did it so should you encounter this again you know. Certain tracks are just unavoidable...Patrick's Silverstone being one. Those huge kerbs simply act as launching pads with most F1 mods.
happened with the formula v_12. i think those red sausage parts within the curbs make them fly like aeroplanes. ;)
when the ai roll over the curb in a certain angle, they lift off.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back