1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Lags by wireless connection

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Max-Yvan Liegrace, Apr 4, 2009.

1. I've installed over week ago wireless router. I'm using TP-Link TD-W8901G
    My PC is plugged with router with ethernet Cable and second PC (Sister's is wireless).

I'm using Windows Vista and never had problems with lags and disconnecting until last week when i'm using this bloody wireless -,- :poke:
    I haven't forwarded ports and i have poor Signal (Only 2 of out 5). I really dont understand it because i'm plugged to it with Ethernet Cable o.O
    Turning off Antivir and others programs doesn't helps

About lags and disconnection issues with GTR Evo, when i getting disconnected cars dissapearing but i can still drive but alone then. There is no cars on the track and cars arent backing to my view.

Please for help :(

2. I have similar problem using a WLAN router too, just not as frequent and it's lag free.. Do any of the lights change on it when you get disconnected?

Hope you get it sorted before the next RDMCC event, from what I remember, we were quite close and I reckon we'd have some good battles :D

3. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Wireless and Online gaming is the worst possible combination there is :)

4. I have also my Good old D-Link which was brilliant never ahd lags. Can I plug in old router (lags and dc's free) for online gaming :D

5. Max i know what you need.
    I'll get the link for you

6. http://www.martin-majowski.de/wlanoptimizer/
    Download this.
    There is a problem with Vista whereby every 60 seconds it will try and find a better signal which makes you lag. With this software it doesn't.

Also is the router N and the wireless card N?
    Before i upgraded to N i was having your problems. But now i have upgraded it all seems to work fine for me(touch wood :p)

7. :bump:

Edited my post

8. How to install this. Do i need put this somewhere or just unrar n' run

9. Note:

I also Discovered "Vista Anti-LAG v1.1"

I'm lookin' 4ward to this :D

10. If i remember rightly you just unrar and run.
    Once opened go to options and then click on start with windows

Just to try the software i posted first.
    And if you still get lag i would then try the other software

Edit: I just typed in your software and it seems like a lot more work for the same effect.
    SO i would just stick to the link i have posted

11. :bump:
    Edited post

12. Seems like i gettin' pawned. When i'm runnin Wlan optimizer.exe it shows "Error, Apllication gonna be closed Blah, Blah, Blah" Any suggestions?

Happens either with Vista Anti Lag o.O

13. Does that happen if you run it as administrator?

14. I tried this too, and happens again

15. Are you opening the right thing Max?

16. Weird - the only thing i can think of is that it doesn't work with your wireless card.

17. I haven't Service Pack and thats problem, Ben have you older version of this?

18. I only have that version Max.
    Time to try the other software you found then

19. Why not download vista service pack1? It's free