AC LaFerrari @ Salzburgring - Sun 19.10.14

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I'm hoping someone can tell me what was that all about... Server was badly setup with only 15 seconds for the race start and then the server kept restarting session. Whenever there was an accident (which was always by the way), there was a server restart. Really disappointing.... :(

I'm hoping someone can tell me what was that all about... Server was badly setup with only 15 seconds for the race start and then the server kept restarting session. Whenever there was an accident (which was always by the way), there was a server restart. Really disappointing.... :(
Joao, this was totally delibrate and explained on ts to be race start practices. That's one of the reasons, why being on ts was mandatory for this event.

Well that first corner seemed to be hard by the looks of it. Had bad luck with it, all the practice starts were going fine for me, and then the real start i got bumped in the wall :(

Overall had a good race with some people. Stephen Sekhon, what happened at the last lap ? You just went straight forward, no braking at all.

And in the very end I heard someone on Teamspeak saying something about me and from what I understanded it was about kicking me, what was that about ? Didn't do anything wrong as far as I know..

Well that first corner seemed to be hard by the looks of it. Had bad luck with it, all the practice starts were going fine for me, and then the real start i got bumped in the wall :(

Overall had a good race with some people. Stephen Sekhon, what happened at the last lap ? You just went straight forward, no braking at all.

And in the very end I heard someone on Teamspeak saying something about me and from what I understanded it was about kicking me, what was that about ? Didn't do anything wrong as far as I know..

In my screen it looked like you bumped him, might have been lag?

I think rolling starts is the way to go for Race Club events. I think we did like 10 practice starts, and not one of them taught everyone that the race consists of 37 laps and isn't won on the first turn. Rolling starts at least spreads out the field a bit and gives people a chance to actually race for position.

If all of us were pro drivers that were milliseconds off the top lap time, I could see the start being super important... but this field had a huge margin of skill levels.

I was so terrified after all of those practice starts I literally left the handful of guys I beat during Qualifying just go by.

Of course, it didn't help much since about half way through the race AC thought it would be fun to show me the same screenshot for a full second which was plenty enough to put me into a wall out of nowhere. After restarting from pits (and being a lap behind everyone at that point) it pretty much became a crowded hotlap session.

Sorry to anyone that felt I was in their way!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back