Kyalami 2016

Tracks Kyalami 2016 0.9.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
^ Please don't discard advice from track makers that way. "Around the pit area" depending on Sol version and even filter you use, you can have an extra 30 lights on during day or not, that can severely impact performance. Other than that, DIP is pretty good on Kyalami already.

OT: And for Sonoma, the "smooth" version you mention still had >22000 camera facing spectators, many of them heavily concentrated near the starting grid, which can be very hard on main_t.

Last edited:
^ Please don't discard advice from track makers that way. "Around the pit area" depending on Sol version and even filter you use, you can have an extra 30 lights on during day or not, that can severely impact performance. Other than that, DIP is pretty good on Kyalami already.

OT: And for Sonoma, the "smooth" version you mention still had >22000 camera facing spectators, many of them heavily concentrated near the starting grid, which can be very hard on main_t.

Sorry. Your absolutely right. Didn't know he was a track creator. He should know what he's talking about.
But I also only have major FPS dip on a few tracks now, where Kyalami is one of the worst regarding FPS drops.
But only at the pit area.

A big update will be uploaded this weekend.

@Johnr777 has done some extensive under-the-hood work on the track.

oHSo221.jpg

Changelog:

Installation improvements:

* Vanilla AC compatible, no additional shaders required

Optimizations:
* LOD OUT tags on heavy objects to improve FPS
* Summer/Winter layouts - most objects/spectators removed, more of a track day experience. (FPS friendly option)
* Various CSP tweaks implemented

Wet weather:
* RainFX ready

Graphical Fixes:
* Shaders with alpha channels - transparency issues sorted
* Building on the outside of Sunset corner was misplaced over the wall/fence

Graphical Updates:
* Vertex Ambient Occlusion (optix)
* Night lighting improvements
* Animated Ferris wheel and helicopter
* Working windsocks

Sound Updates:
* Custom ambient/race day sounds

Additional Credits:
AlleyViper and Rusty from the CSP discord for bug hunting and testing

Prototype_ updated Kyalami 2016 with a new update entry:

0.9.5 Update

Hi everyone. 0.9.5 Update now available.

Please leave technical help, questions, comments, feedback, and suggestions in the DISCUSSION section.

@Johnr777 has done some extensive under-the-hood work on the track. Thanks, John! :)

oHSo221.jpg

Changelog:

Installation improvements:

* Vanilla AC compatible, no additional shaders required

Optimizations:
* LOD OUT tags on heavy...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @Prototype_ First of all I love this track and enjoy it so much. I just wanted to ask if it is possible to create a "night race" track variant with more temporary lights? I think It would be awesome to race on this track at night. :)

Last edited:
Just downloaded 0.9.5 and it will not load. It crashes back to the load out screen. I do have content manager installed as well as a shader patch.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.