1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Kvyat Joins Vergne at Toro Rosso for 2014

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Jason Noble, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Kvyat Joins Vergne at Toro Rosso for 2014

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
  2. GP3 to F1, a bit of this ££££ changing hands

3. Howard

Howard
    Staff Emeritus | Engineer at Manor Racing Premium Member

It would appear so, I believe Daniil is sponsored by a Russian bank.

Saying that, he's pretty good, and I expect he'll do well in F1!

4. Hmm English transcription of his name is really funny for me I must say :). On polish sites he is reffered to as Kwiat. And it looks like we are going to have 2 russians in F1 next year, though I think that Kwiat is going to be better than Sirotkin.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah) That funny things about his name) But i'm really glad to hear that news)

6. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Is a bit of a kick in the face for Felix Da Costa though.
    And everyone in GP2 for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well, it does not mean that other F1 teams can't offer a driver seat for Felix.

8. Da Costa doesn't have sponsors for that, talent is all he has, which usually isn't enough, so despite Redbull being a bunch of assholes they are the only way to get there for him.

9. There are some teams which seeks for talent, not for money.

10. Which of them?

11. McLaren and Force India for example. Also Sauber seems to be recovering well after getting investment from Russian company.

12. It's surprising how people go out and call Red Bull on this when we don't know if De Costa actually just didn't accept to drive for Toro Rosso. (I haven't heard anything from him about this)
    Plus isn't Toro Rosso (for the lack of better words) wealthy enough to go after drivers with talent instead of seeking drivers with big portfolios? (If Kvyat has nothing more than a big portfolio)

13. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Well Da Costa said he was disappointed with the decision, so I imagine they overlooked him

• Like Like x 1
    • ENGLISH! DO YOU SPEAK IT!? :)
    :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  14. Da Costa was "surprised" and "frustrated" with the news in his facebook page.

• Beer Beer x 1
  15. Alright, unfortunately I didn't see his facebook. :(
    But if that is the case then it sucks to not get into F1 despite being talented. :( Plus it's starts to get a bit worrying if more teams start to go for drivers with big portfolios. The sport might be running out of sponsors? :(

16. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Staff

Nope, this is an English website. Consider this your first - and last - warning. Seriously, how would one even think about not speaking English on here?

"Oh, everyone is posting in English - it sure is fine if I post something in <random language> too."

Seriously, are people really that naive? Apart from that, it's in the terms and rules. Jeez.

Tom

• Like Like x 1